Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

TAPs WFP transition thread.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tubeless is a bit of a misnomer really as the pole is not actually tubeless when in use. It's just that when you have finished using it and are putting your kit back in your vehicle, you can easily remove the hose from the pole by disconnecting at the base of the pole making it less cumbersome and more manageable. This is especially useful if you are working from a car. In its simplest form it's done by cutting the hose about 50mm from the end of the pole when it is collapsed (at it's shortest) and fitting the above mentioned 8mm JG fitting so it just hangs out of the pole. This allows you to disconnect the hose at this point when you are ready to pack away.Whilst working though you don't want this connection exposed, so you need to make a spacer for the top section of the pole. A 75mm (3inch) section of 1/2 inch garden hose cut down the side with a Stanley knife will do will do.

When you have connected your hose raise the top section of you pole by 75mm and clip the piece of garden hose on it. This will stop you accidentally disconnecting the hose whilst you're using it.

Others may have a different view on this, but on the 'tap in the hose' note, you will probably find that a plastic JG tap fitted at the top of your pole will be less annoying than the tap in the hose as you won't have to carry your hose or keep bending down to turn your water on. When you get to it though, the best tap by far is the Univalve.
Thank-you mate.:thumbsup: I'll definitely get one of these.

I like the jg tap on the brushI don't use a spacer etc i just have a jg fitted about 2cm from the end of the pole

Leave the first section extended by 2cm while working and it is fine
Cheers Dave.

Don't forget to flush! And watch out for tds creep.
How often are you supposed to flush? And for how long. The limited instructions I got with the filters said 15 mins every time you start the system.

Just did my first set of windows. My house and the in-laws. I definitely need one of those tubeless things, it was a pita getting in and out of the van and moving around the house. I felt like such a noob while I was cleaning but apart from the faf, which will get better, it was so quick.

It comes with experience buddy

Give it a couple of weeks and you'll be flying round

Especially once they have all had a first wfp clean

I have my hose coiled and hanging over my backpack and connect to the pole with the jg fitting to use

Looks good mate
Very good for 1st time
Cheers mate, the finished result will look a lot neater. I spotted the in/out bits on the Di vessels. The thing that threw me out the most was that the blue pure tube had a male connector on the end, so I had to cut a small piece of hose so I could add a female connector. I was tempted to just stick the waste tube down the big but instead it's watering my plants at the moment.

Is it worth having anything on the top of the pole for bird **** and he like? I had a bit of bother on one of the windows earlier.

I just wet it and clean

If it is stubborn leave it wet and do another window then go back to it

If all else fails a quick spray of ubik on the brush but it is rare to need it

I did that but used cheap superglue and it peeled off after being wet for ages

Bery good idea though

It may have been mr posh who gave me the idea

I've been wfp'ing tops for a year almost now and never needed one of those

Not much a quick spray of ubik won't take off and always have a little spray bottle of it on me when working

Latest Posts

Back