Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

TAPs WFP transition thread.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

But flushing wouldn't change that anyway, its just how the RO filter works. Mine would be around 018 then drop down to 014, directly out of the RO filter, but since adding a DI vessel its 000 all the time, but the RO will still be putting out higher tds when turned back on for awhile.

Hope that makes sense, 3/4 bottle of JD has me a little befuddled right now.

This is why you should disconnect the inlet pipe to the d.i vessel before turning on the tap to purify water. Let it run through the r.o for about 3 mins and run the water (before d.i) into a bucket or drain. The ppm will drop down radically, and then connect to d.i. This will make the resin last much longer.

Typed after lots of lager, so goodnight and good luck tolish

This is why you should disconnect the inlet pipe to the d.i vessel before turning on the tap to purify water. Let it run through the r.o for about 3 mins and run the water (before d.i) into a bucket or drain. The ppm will drop down radically, and then connect to d.i. This will make the resin last much longer.Typed after lots of lager, so goodnight and good luck tolish
Cheers mate. This whole thing makes so much more sense now. I might fit a shut off to the di's to save me having to disconnect it each time.

Cheers mate. This whole thing makes so much more sense now. I might fit a shut off to the di's to save me having to disconnect it each time.
I just have a hozlelock connecter. I have my vessel standing in a plastic box (to catch any drips), so I just let the water run in there. I then have a length of pole hose running from the box to a drain. A quick suck on the drain end of the hose, and the box is emptied. Simples.

I just have a hozlelock connecter. I have my vessel standing in a plastic box (to catch any drips), so I just let the water run in there. I then have a length of pole hose running from the box to a drain. A quick suck on the drain end of the hose, and the box is emptied. Simples.
I'll do the same, cheers. I managed to fill one of those big blue barrels yesterday so I can make a good start to phasing the pole in when my 4 X 25l containers arrive. Going to start on the houses that aren't in, and see how I get on.

I've got one of those big blue water butts and it's nearly full to the top, another hour or so should do it then I'll knock it off. Will I have to flush it when I next turn it on?
If you want your resin to last as long as possible, disconnect the pipe going into the resin for the first 10 minutes or so when starting your RO because the TDS will be high at first after its been left standing. Then connect after 10 minutes so you have the lowest possible TDS going into the resin.

I have a TDS meter set up with water reading before and after the DI vessel with a bypass tap. The TDS is always high at first so its best not to send that through your resin.

Is there a way of measuring how much water goes through an RO or do you rely on when the water pressure gets low to change the filters? How many filters do you guys get through?

If you want your resin to last as long as possible, disconnect the pipe going into the resin for the first 10 minutes or so when starting your RO because the TDS will be high at first after its been left standing. Then connect after 10 minutes so you have the lowest possible TDS going into the resin.I have a TDS meter set up with water reading before and after the DI vessel with a bypass tap. The TDS is always high at first so its best not to send that through your resin.
Errr, that's what I just said?

The company that sold me mine (a 300gpd unit with a single membrane) suggested the following re mine:

The first pre-filter housing is clear on mine so it's fairly easy to see the condition of the cartridge.

Change the pre-filters when that first cartridge has turned pale brown/yellow. Mine are bright white when new. They seem to last me about 3 months. As far as the RO membranes are concerned, measure the output of both pure and waste now and work out the pure to waste ratio. Mines is just shy of 2 to 1 (waste to pure). Check it once every six months and when the waste to pure increases dramatically it's time to change it/them. Looked after they should last at least two years.

Is there a way of measuring how much water goes through an RO or do you rely on when the water pressure gets low to change the filters? How many filters do you guys get through?
Just change the pre filters every 3-4 months and the membranes every couple of years as markyboy says, and you'll be fine. I don't even bother checking my waste to pure ratio anymore, just stick to timing

25L barrels turned up yesterday, and the transfer pump fills them up in about 5 seconds. I'm going to let myself loose on a few houses today. I have 2 leaded houses I've hated tradding since the day I took them on, but the cuties are nice,and the pay is right. And one house I can afford to loose since I interpreted it by 2quid from the start, it's always bugged me. All three are getting the wfp treatment.

@Posh I found a place in maddingly selling watwrbuts and 25Containers very cheap if you need any. I picked up a blue water but and 2 containers for 20quid. All brand new condition and only contained lime juice, and whiskey.[delusional]

Just done the 2 leaded houses and it was a dream. I did them both twice using about 40ltrs per house to make sure all the dirt was out and it still took me the same amount of time as when I was tradding. And that was with me having to put the backpack on and get over a locked gate. These houses have always been a pita, but should be a doddle next clean.

What brush are you using on your leaded? If not a flocked, I'd recommend either a soft or flocked brush for them as monofilament brushes can lift lead. It's surprising how tough those bristles are once on the glass.

You'll be surprised how much less water you need on maintenance cleans even when cleaning fames as well. Though that's nothing to do with the bristles.

Just done the 2 leaded houses and it was a dream. I did them both twice using about 40ltrs per house to make sure all the dirt was out and it still took me the same amount of time as when I was tradding. And that was with me having to put the backpack on and get over a locked gate. These houses have always been a pita, but should be a doddle next clean.
40 litres per house!!! Did you have to swim back out the drive?

Only joking, think we all tended to over engineer things when we first switched over. Good luck to you. I bet in a couple of months you'll wonder how you managed without it

25L barrels turned up yesterday, and the transfer pump fills them up in about 5 seconds. I'm going to let myself loose on a few houses today. I have 2 leaded houses I've hated tradding since the day I took them on, but the cuties are nice,and the pay is right. And one house I can afford to loose since I interpreted it by 2quid from the start, it's always bugged me. All three are getting the wfp treatment.
I do quite a lot of leadeds, instead of going up and down most of them brush better going side to side. Give it a try both ways.

Not a 100% sure but in the pic looks like flocked ultimate ? Thats the brush for leaded.

On your rain water Havesting, gimme a bell end of the week or at weekend. Will talk you through pressure boxes and filtration /emoticons/smile.png

You don't wear the backpack do you?

First thing i did was take the straps off

You don't wear the backpack do you?First thing i did was take the straps off
I wear mine when I need to walk more than 50 yards or so. I ditched the straps that came with it and made some comfier ones /emoticons/smile.png

Back