Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

ladder noise as a marketing aid

WCF

Help Support WCF:

B

boarcity

something has just reminded me of this from my past .

When i first started as a windie i used a 3 section Abru ladder and the Abru has a safety device on the rungs. When you extend the ladder this device makes a loud CLACK CLACK CLACK noise . its a real attention drawer !! , its not quite as loud as a machine gun burst but is somehow very similar . folk turn on their heels to see "what to God it is", i promise you

Anyhow my point is that if you are wanting more work it might be a good idea for you to use a ladder with a safety catch that Clacks and clacks good

Last edited:
I've got that ladder boar, and my word is it annoying with that stupid safety device!

But yes it's certainly a head turner or a curtain twitcher!

Not sure if you have seen me say it before, but I use a metal bucket, and throw a metal tool in it when gutter cleaning as it makes a lot of clanging to draw attention. I'm sure it gets people looking out of their windows.

yes its good to get them looking your way as you may just ring a bell in their head and oh...I need a windie...

mine always creak as I head up them anyway..

which is not so good when I have my totty radar on...

so I learnt off daddy and paint the joints...

so far all I have spotted around here is a bald headed fat man in his trunks..

yeh I could have been looking at my reflection..

but some of the walkers on the pavements...

I cant afford to crash..

wheres ma blinkers..Im not looking...honest..

like my mate says..and of course this isnt pc at all..

in this weather even the ugly ones look good...:eek:

er yep that mates name is frank..

wcf moto always blame frank

I've got that ladder boar, and my word is it annoying with that stupid safety device!
But yes it's certainly a head turner or a curtain twitcher!
Can you make a short vid of the head turner jake mate and post it up on here ? its over 5 yrs since i heard the staccato noise .

for some unknown and daftey reason i yearn to hear it once again ,again,

i had planned to get along to BnQ , Cut the transit tags on an Abru on the shelf and extend a ladder - jus so i could hear the machine gun sound

Can you make a short vid of the head turner jake mate and post it up on here ? its over 5 yrs since i heard the staccato noise .
for some unknown and daftey reason i yearn to hear it once again ,again,

i had planned to get along to BnQ , Cut the transit tags on an Abru on the shelf and extend a ladder - jus so i could hear the machine gun sound

Are you being serious boar!

:rofl: Maybe it reminds you of the army?
I'll do a vid at some point soon..
Don't sound much like a sa80 or gpmg to my recollection

I do miss the gimpy

[media]

[/media]

SPCleaning may correct me but the sa80 we used in then90s was the L85a2 and sounded a bit wussy

Last edited by a moderator:
That rifle he is firing needs the barrel changing after 2 thousand rounds as will be too hot to use anymore safely

I once saw a guy grab a barrel while almost glowing with his bare hand while not thinking

I will never forget the smell as his hand was welded to it

Must have been agony

Didn't half make a fuss lol

Smelled a bit like pork crackling

Imagine trying to do this bare hand once red hot

[media]

[/media]

yeh that reminds me of the time divvy here decided to see if the hob was hot by testing it with his finger...:eek:

I do do some silly billy things at times...

never thought about the heat thing..

your just training me up for the future daveyboy...me follow you into battle.../emoticons/biggrin.png

dont worry I will be right behind you...

okay ...hiding behind you..

I loved serving in the army but i am also thankful that i never actually had to pull the trigger on someone for real

Don't get me wrong i would if i Had to and that is part and parcel of the job but i still glad i didn't have to

I feel for our guys who are out there dealing with the afgan situation etc and i can understand why our lads are coming back a bit messed up..poor buggers have to live with it daily

im really hoping Jake posts his Abru vid up tomorrow, it might seem childish but more i think about it the more important a ladder noise is to boost trade . what better than a gun noise to get folk swivelling round ?

if jake doesnt do his vid i will get down to Bn Q warehouse and "NOISE OUT" A brand new Abru . id kinda like to video me doing it ,will the missus oblige? cos sure as hell folk further down the aisles will think someone is "looosing off a few rounds" and praps run for cover !

im really hoping Jake posts his Abru vid up tomorrow, it might seem childish but more i think about it the more important a ladder noise is to boost trade . what better than a gun noise to get folk swivelling round ?
if jake doesnt do his vid i will get down to Bn Q warehouse and "NOISE OUT" A brand new Abru . id kinda like to video me doing it ,will the missus oblige? cos sure as hell folk further down the aisles will think someone is "looosing off a few rounds" and praps run for cover !
Might be a bit dangerous with whats going on in the news at the minute.:thumbsdown:

yep go on boar get it out your system and let us all see..

yeh daveyboy I think they made a film about you cant think of the title at the mo or was it hurt locker where he trains like mad but never gets to fire in anger..

Latest Posts

Back