Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Juliet balcony

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Luke Barnard

[media]

[/media]This is my first youtube vid and first time I've tried to link a vid so apologies if I've ballsed it up...

I tried this method today and results were good! A clean six inch applicator to agitate the dirt in the stream of water coming from the brush head and rinse as best you can. Odviously no good on phobic glass but I managed a good curtain of water on these narrow doors and quite quick to do.

Any thoughts?????

YEP theres my thoughts....

why the feck didnt I think of that before my jobs yesterday..

I will go and get a photo to show...

I got my brush under the railings but because the top clamp has come loose and the bottom clamp has broke I couldnt get the brush head to turn to get the bloomin brush out...

I was thinking of applicator soaping up the squares and taking the pure up to rinse off never occured to cheapie to just blast it off with his pole full stop...

cheapie not thinking again...now looking forward to them barsteward georgians full of spiders next month I ll get the buggers with applicator on a pole first..ta...top post..

well for me anyway.../emoticons/biggrin.png

but thanks to wfp a really really bad job is now okay....

providing my water lasts.../emoticons/biggrin.png

looking forward to next month will let you know how I get on...thanks for the tip though.

Nice idea with the applicator on a pole Luke. I noticed your brush is quite kitted out - do you have 2 pencils, 2 fans or 4 of one kind? Also do you use the gardiner scrubber on the back much? I've found it useless so far, can't do anything a brush can't..

those glass balconys are 50 [ercent of a windies job in israel youv got tower blocks of them
wow! All I see is £ signs :laugh:

Nice idea with the applicator on a pole Luke. I noticed your brush is quite kitted out - do you have 2 pencils, 2 fans or 4 of one kind? Also do you use the gardiner scrubber on the back much? I've found it useless so far, can't do anything a brush can't..
two pencil two fan. Can't get on with fans for glass but great on fsg, cladding, garage doors....

the scraper is brilliant, only been defeated by one particular bird shite, must've been eating epoxy resin, came off with a glass scraper but stayed whole like the lid off a pot of pringles!:turd:

I might try it without the soft white sponge on it. Those things are too soft and just doesn't have enough grit to it for me.

Does it make it easier to rinse glass with both rather than just pencils? I have a seperate brush for fsg with fans on. I'd wonder though if the water pressure would drop with 4 jets on rather than 2...

I might try it without the soft white sponge on it. Those things are too soft and just doesn't have enough grit to it for me.
Does it make it easier to rinse glass with both rather than just pencils? I have a seperate brush for fsg with fans on. I'd wonder though if the water pressure would drop with 4 jets on rather than 2...
it does work as a scraper without the pad on but I'd only take it off when you need it as the scraper gets damaged easily without the pad covering it.

I'm only using two jets at a time, mostly pencils for windows but when I need the fans I swap the red pole hose into the other y-piece.

Yeah the plastic did seem to dent easy. I'll give it another go with the pad on. Good idea having two sets of fans to switch around, going to have to set that up tomorrow too :thumbsup:

Nice one mate, good idea!

Out of interest, dies the super scraper add much weight? Do you notice it? Really need one as fed up of not being able to get stubborn marks off windows!

@Luke Barnard

those glass balconys are 50 [ercent of a windies job in israel youv got tower blocks of them

@tiktik

Are you actually a window cleaner in Israel?

Wow. Awesome if you are. I honestly thought everything was done "in house" in middle eastern countries with services like window cleaning not existing.

Nice one mate, good idea!
Out of interest, dies the super scraper add much weight? Do you notice it? Really need one as fed up of not being able to get stubborn marks off windows!

@Luke Barnard
No its very light and its only an 18ft pole so a little extra weight doesn't make much difference.

Does get in the way sometimes around the tops of frames where it hits the soffit though.

feckin lazy barstewards should open the fecking doors...and clean it themselfs..

yeh you need very thin wrists..and long thin arms..:rofl:real bad design for us...

@tiktik
Are you actually a window cleaner in Israel?

Wow. Awesome if you are. I honestly thought everything was done "in house" in middle eastern countries with services like window cleaning not existing.
yep most is done by maids but the windows are always dirty

pretty much its a new market here i originaly came from uk where i got the idea

started with shop front work .there is some major competition here for shop fronts .one guy did a clever thing he decided thatt when employing youngsters to clean shop fronts they always do a **** job and he always deals with complaints.

so he works only with chains he takes a chain like h& m and does it the whole contry

but he takes dirt cheap so he gets no complaints since the managment is happy all the chain gets cleaned for cheap and its almost impossible to compete with him.

but i do more houses bit of stores for people who care about quality of work

View attachment 7258
and no it isnt funny cheapie standing on a garden chair and couldnt get the brush out as it just wouldnt stay vertical...which is how it went in...
We found a Vikan brush worked well on most of those balconies. There is usually enough room between the gap at the bottom of the frame to get a Vikan brush in.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vikan-Medium-250mm-Vehicle-Wash-Brush-Part-No-475552-/271550640117?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f39adeff5

But I like Luke's idea. Its a winner.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back