Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hello All

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mdpeake

I,ve been cleaning traditionally for 4 months and I have mustered up nearly £300 of custom within that time, so I am as you would expect getting the bug..well I think that is good anyway.:-/

I have been investing in WFP and I have recently installed a RO system into my domestic supply, well I am wandering whether I have done the right thing because my water reading has gone from over 450 to 40 which is great ....but..... is the water quality good enough to provide an acceptable service without come-back...help please on that one as I am not sure how to re-address the issue if I need to meet the ultimate 000 where water purity is concerned.. many thanks in advance for any body that may be able to help../emoticons/smile.png

Ps what could I do to bring the water purity down even further if it is important for me to do so.

/emoticons/smile.png

Please forgive me many questions..but I am getting there and I will contribute to newbies when I achieve vet status ..../emoticons/smile.png

Hi there, 1st off, you want to post this under window cleaning chat, this page is for you to introduce yourself.

You will need to use di as well as r/o to get the water down far enough to use as 'pure water'. I use di only, and i change my resin once it gets to 10ppm, but some of the other windy's on here change as low as 5ppm. Some windy's have accidentally let there water get up to 30+ppm without any ill effects, but you really shouldnt be using water higher than 10ppm.

You say you have an r/o connected to your mains, i take it you mean you have a static system?. With r/o, you purify the water as it is filling the tank, so i suppose, if you wanted to, and had enough pressure, you could put a di vessel between r/o and tank. I'm not too sure about r/o's myself though, being di only (van mounted system). But my water goes through the di vessel between pump and hose reel.

Hi mate welcome to the forum, enjoy

Moved to window cleaning chat cheers bbd /emoticons/smile.png

as per bbd usual well put comments. RO will only get you so far, will need to use Di resin to polish it off to 0.

I change my resin at 15, but been to 25 mistakenly.

Back