Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

vents on first clean.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

sullybeans

last week i got my first system fitted as before we were all trad. Since then i have been watching videos and practicing on my own and family members windows. and everything was fine. today i tried it out on a few houses and have now just had a phone call saying the water has went through her vents and all over her windows and sills inside. how do you guys do first cleans with vents? not sure if i went over kill trying to get all the dirt off the top and vent. cheers in advance guys.

I switched to the dark side a couple months ago..more like 3 now I think

I have been ok so far

I scrub the frame above the vent and then do under the vent with the water off

Then i rinse the frame above and under but just the frame under and don't squirt it upwards

Seems to work fine

The brush cleans the bottom of the vent without filling it with water

Last edited by a moderator:
If you direct the water directly at the vent it is possible that the water will ingress to the interior.

With brush in the 'normal' position I press the head of the brush flat on the window so the bristles are flattened then I just brush the vents gently with the tips of the brush till clean in appearance.

Sounds like you might have turned the brush upside down and tried to get all the dirt out of the vent that way @sullybeans. Keep your brush square on to the vents as if cleaning a window so that the jets aren't firing water upwards. No need to clean them everytime once you've done a good job first time. Why oh why do these window companies make frames with vents? What is the freekin point of them!

thanks guys! was my first day trying the WFP and got me down when i got the phone call. but what you guys are saying makes complete sense. Simple when you put your mind to it. Cant Wait until all the first cleans are over. seem to be taking along time but hopefully see the advantages on the 2nd and 3rd cleans. how many litres of water do you guys think you use on a standard 3 bedroom house, say 8 or 9 windows? just so i can get a rough idea if i am over cleaning them. cheers.

I use about 40litres on a bungalow haha. The quicker you are the less water you'll use ;-)

I can get away with only about 5 litres if I trad it /emoticons/wink.png ...but it takes me twice as long (2hrs), so I usually stick to wfp /emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back