Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window Cleaning Shop

Neil

Anyone thought of opening a window gutter and carpet cleaning shop? Wonder if you would get some monthly customers, i think it could be a good idea theres loads of little shops around that you could rent dirt cheap. Just a though thats all

It's the business tax (poll tax ) that will kill it and all the stupid other things councils come up with got my hair cut the other day and the barber was saying 32 years in business and this year he know needs a licence for trade waste and special bins for the waste roughly a 1/2 bin bag of hair a week no wonder businesses keep closing good idea though think you would have to sell something in the shop to cover the overheads

It's the business tax (poll tax ) that will kill it and all the stupid other things councils come up with got my hair cut the other day and the barber was saying 32 years in business and this year he know needs a licence for trade waste and special bins for the waste roughly a 1/2 bin bag of hair a week no wonder businesses keep closing good idea though think you would have to sell something in the shop to cover the overheads
jesus thats why this country is going down hill, or get a big banner on the front of my house saying window,gutter and carpet cleaning shop and set up a little table at the front of your house with brochures and leaflets and a folder to book work in do it every saturday /emoticons/smile.png im dreaming a bit here i think lol

Just buy a robin reliant paint it a silly colour and slap your advert on it knew a guy 25 years ago did it for gardening splattered Barry's gardening on it in rough paint and in bigger letters no job too small saw his fleet of transits a few years later last I heard he sold up and lives in turkey defo not as daft as he looked as Damo says its the slogans and sense of humour that gets the results

Humour and slogan is good but i dont think its very professional (thats just my opinion sorry if i offended anyone by that) i think if you keep it simple it works better like you said about Barry's gardening nice and simple and he's minted! If someone was called wishy washy windows i don't know why but i couldn't take them seriously .

Back