Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A little oftended

laddergarder

I did the gutters for one of my customers the other day, and I also clean her neighbours windows, who's gutters also needed done. However she wasn't in when we were doing this customers, so I went back, and asked her if she would like us to do them for her, and showed her a picture of what they were like on my phone.

She then asked basicically asked me if I was qualified to do them? /emoticons/wink.png she said, 'well your windows cleaners, can you clean gutters?'. I should of said, 'Its gutter cleaning, I am more than qualified, I could teach a 10 year old how to do it in 2 mins', but I was a little more democratic, and explained its a service often offered by window cleaners, due to the the fact the people tend to only get it done once a year, we have cleaned gutters for loads of our customers, including your neighbour.

I am sure there are loads of times customers have offended others, so thought it would be a good topic.

customers that come out and check all the windows offend me, when iv been cleaning their windows for a long time and they already know the jobs a good'un!

customers who insist you've left marks, but then don't believe you when you insist it's on the inside, or harder still, between the glazing.

or those who insist it's going to rain tomorrow, and still think pointless cleaning windows.....when it rarely does end up raining!

pretty much customers, full stop! lol..... great we can come on here and vent tho /emoticons/smile.png

I went to price a monthly job and the woman said if you do a good job on the first clean I will have you monthly,is said ok But if you only want me on a one off basis it will cost you more( the windows were horrendous) she said how can it cost more theres only the same amount of windows, so I explained about the extra time due to the state, she was having none of it, she knew better, I done them anyway and got the monthly but it really annoyed me they must just think it's a hobby.

Iv picked up 3 jobs this week from people who are not happy with Thayer old window cleaner saying thay missed windows out asking for more money after doing them and not cleaning the frames if thay say thay going to ect

so can understand why customers do this i had a window cleaner mess my grandpernats around saying hed done the job i went round and he missed the whole top back windows out when i asked why he said thay been done so i showed him and he didnt have much to say then.

so personally i dont care if customers look at the windows after i know i do a good job and if i am happy they definitely will be so nothing to hide.

oviosly if you get any ***htmare customers who always moan even after u do a good job just drop them.

loads of times iv said to my customers come have a look how nice thay come up especially after the first clean thay love it.

My brother is a mobile car valeter, been doing it about 18 months now, and has done all sorts of cars from ford's to ferrari's. He told me recently that i guy got him round to do his vauxhall vectra, and told him if he did a good job, he would 'let' him do his bmw too(!). Now my brother is a bit hot headed and found this quite offensive, so i'm amazed he didnt tell the guy to f**k off!!.

I recently got a new customer ( old lady ) and whilst doing the windows I could see her going around the house checking each window! When I had finished she was out talking to her neighbours, I went to ask for payment when she said the bottom living room hadn't been done, I said of course it has been done ( wasn't hard to tell as they hadn't been cleaning in years ) and she took me to the window and it was condensation inside the panes!!!! After I had packed up she called me back with the addresses of 2 friends!!

Another I hate is when I'm out scouting for wOrk and the person says they can't afford my already underpriced quote and would I do it for cheaper!!

i hate it when you do the same job month after month & the same person who pays you always asks how much is it ????? proper wind up

i hate it when you do the same job month after month & the same person who pays you always asks how much is it ????? proper wind up
I think that is just a 'subtle'(!) way of making sure the price hasnt gone up!

I do that when going to pay for my papers on a Friday even tho I know how much it is lol bet he's thinking the same thing and slagging me on newsagent forum lol

When the husband or boyfriend is a asshole because there paying and then they start quizzing you when you did it like your lying.

That annoys the hell out of me. I think to myself whats the problem?

Yeah, i know what you mean there. I had a case where a woman who's house i do, phoned me up after me leaving a note saying she was still due last months (she pays online). I had txt'd her the previous time, seeing as i had her number, and to save paper, but after she hadnt paid, i thought maybe i forgot to send the text, or there was a problem with it getting through, or maybe she had a new number. But anyway, she phoned me up and starting questioning me, like i hadnt actually done them the previous time as she hadnt noticed them being clean!. Thing is, she works long hours, and this was in winter, she would have left the house in the dark, and came home in the dark, so she wouldnt have 'noticed' till the weekend anyway!. After me pointing this out to her, and also reminding her that a couple of days after that earlier clean, there was quite a nasty storm, and also asking her if she no longer wanted me to clean her windows(!), she calmed down. All has been well since then, but i now always put a note through her door (and mark on my diary that i have!) after doing her windows. :)

Back