Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New windows installed, what a pain

johnny bravo

New windows installed on a regular, wfp them, then realised there was a greasy type of film on them, finger prints, + scum marks which looked like the installers rubbed some cleaning solution over them to try to clean them up, but didnt do a very good job of it. the pure water didnt budge it, Had to trad them with lots of soapy water to take the greasy film off the glass and especially around the inner edges.

Hopefully they will be ok next month with WFP.

fIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED. good job i do some bungallows trad in this round

Anything like that is always better to do trad, never come across that yet, but sounds like it was from a hydrophobic solution they were using to get stickers off? Perhaps white spirit?

I used to be a window fitter johnny. When we had finished fitting we used the same stuff you use to put in the window wiper wash of your car. It removes finger prints etc of the glass, but leaves an oily residue unfortunately. A couple of cleans and they'll come up fine

i have a few jobs like that one is old brown fraims type and when i trad it it come out **** but when i wfp it it comes perfect the other had a film on it i used ubik2000 50 50 mix on the brush scrubed it an scrubed it lol it came rite then next time i came bk to clean 7 weeks later i used just pure an again the grease was there did same again then it was fine but even now after like 9 cleans i think it has had its still gets a bit greasy in the corners on some of the windows blady anoing it is !!

Back