Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Patio Pressure Washing & Drainage

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

I've jobs on the back burner to do but can't do them because of the grass/borders surronding the areas are still sodden so run-off water will not soak away properly. From past experience trying to do jobs like that have been a bloody nightmare to do.

Have any of you pressure washing lads had the same problem as it does my head in?

Is there no where else you can sweep it to Smurf? In another thread weren't you talking about vacumming with the wetndry? Not sure if you wer joking or not but it sounded like quite a cool idea.

Yes @TolishAPurd I've had to use a wet vac also a sub pump before but trouble is if most of the water run-off doesn’t soak away I end up working in one hell of a big man made pond as me washer pump pushes out 15 lpm of water at 3000 psi. Even when there is a house drain some you can't brush water down them as they either have a raised cement stupid surrond or are not open at all like downpipe soakaway that are raised with rubber collars on.

For a job with bad drainage you can double if not triple the time it takes to do the job so are better off not doing it at all until the ground dries out so the water has somewhere to go.

You can still get areas that don't drain away too like surrounded by dwarf garden wall etc even when the ground is dry as the water has know where to go. Hence why I always carry a wet vac, sub pump and broom and pay particular attention to possible drainage issues when doing a quote /emoticons/wink.png

Is there no where else you can sweep it to Smurf? In another thread weren't you talking about vacumming with the wetndry? Not sure if you wer joking or not but it sounded like quite a cool idea.

Some really good info there mate. I think I need to tighten up my game a bit with this. I had one job just as you described with a dwarf wall and it was a PITA. I feel like I'm getting closer and closer to buying a guttervac.

Latest Posts

Back