Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Controller problem

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Adam curtis

Can some one help I've had my van running for about 12mouths now but my controllers started playing silly bugers sometimes when I get it out to use there is no pressure and the water dribbles out my brush and when stop water running it doesn't hit dead end so pressure keeps building then when I turn water back on its like a power washer it's driving me nuts can someone help please

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

controllerS?

How many controllers have you got and if you have more than 1 are they both doing the same thing?

I don't know about Spring controllers but if we get the polarity wrong when connecting our Varistream controllers up it usually damages the controller and it doesn't work.

It sounds to me as though you need to re calibrate your controllers. If the dead end isn't cutting out then this could solve the problem.

Spring recommend that you leave the pump's pressure switch in place so the pressure should reach the cutoff pressure of the pressure switch and switch the pump off.

The water you are cleaning windows with is warmer in the summer. The warmer water 'softens' the hose and it expands. When you open the tap to continue to clean windows, this pressure buildup will gush out of the brush jets until the hose has shunk back to size.

What controllers and pumps have you got?

-

Can some one help I've had my van running for about 12mouths now but my controllers started playing silly bugers sometimes when I get it out to use there is no pressure and the water dribbles out my brush and when stop water running it doesn't hit dead end so pressure keeps building then when I turn water back on its like a power washer it's driving me nuts can someone help please

Also, It sounds like you have got an air lock in there. Put a Tap or a male fitting on the end of your hose and put the end of the hose into the top of your tank, (so you waste no water).... Then run the system on full power for a bit to try and force the air lock out. Then recalibrate if needed.

This is very similar to the problem I had last week, after a bit of messing around I found that the inner of the hose had come detached from the outer. I almost bought a new controller. It took me about an hour to sus.

this is similar to what Ive had to deal with today. At 1st thought it was low power from battery, but no difference when van running (split relay would provide full power). Filter clean. No hose faults. How do I determine in the fault is pump pressure sensor or pump flow controller?

this is similar to what Ive had to deal with today. At 1st thought it was low power from battery, but no difference when van running (split relay would provide full power). Filter clean. No hose faults. How do I determine in the fault is pump pressure sensor or pump flow controller?
if you connect the pump directly to your battery, you will see if its the controller or pressure switch

I was going to test a direct battery / pump connection but as I had a dual flow control system but only 1 pump, I decided to swap the controls. After a bit of re-tuning the controls, the pump now fires up within a second of opening the valve. I think there must be a little water in the top control unit. Had a phone call from Brodex suggesting I try what GTO suggested, but by that time I was up and running.

(picture of same kind of controller)

View attachment 8005

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to test a direct battery / pump connection but as I had a dual flow control system but only 1 pump, I decided to swap the controls. After a bit of re-tuning the controls, the pump now fires up within a second of opening the valve. I think there must be a little water in the top control unit. Had a phone call from Brodex suggesting I try what GTO suggested, but by that time I was up and running.(picture of same kind of controller)
Thanks; your solutions also help us if we also suffer a similar problem.

Williamson pumps used to supply Brodex with the control panel electronics. A few years ago a friend of mine asked Brodex for a replacement part and they wanted silly money for it.

To keep the system 'original' we ordered a new Varistream, took the electronic board out and used that as a replacement at half the price. If it was my system I would have fitted a controller complete with casing elsewhere. I was of the opinion that the controller wasn't particularily well sealed from water ingress; on his system anyway.

In recent times Spring controllers took over as a the supplier of electronic controller components to Brodex. I don't know what the current arrangement is with Brodex's financial situation though.

I doubt Spring will tell us. /emoticons/smile.png

-

anyone know how to stop over current to de controller 
4 years????

Anyway what do you mean over current? The pump will draw what current it requires, the pump controller just switches the output on and off at a fast rate to regulate pump speed. The controller does monitor the current drawn by the pump to determine Dead End.

Most decent controllers are capable of 10amps and there are some that go upto about 20amps. 

What problem are you having?

4 years????

Anyway what do you mean over current? The pump will draw what current it requires, the pump controller just switches the output on and off at a fast rate to regulate pump speed. The controller does monitor the current drawn by the pump to determine Dead End.

Most decent controllers are capable of 10amps and there are some that go upto about 20amps. 

What problem are you having?
turned out there was a frozen bit in the pipe so was telling me oc 

anyone know how to stop over current to de controller 
If the controller is dead ending unexpectedly Chances are that the calibration value is to low for the flow rate being used, In the low temperatures we are seeing the hose does nor expand as fat and the pump will have to work harder to compensate. This means the Calibration value will need to be increased. You can auto cal the controller. The user guide uses a figure of 30 but this is only to give an example and common start point the controller can be calibrated at any flow rate so in step one i suggest setting flow to what you would normally use. Please see the following video guide

Latest Posts

Back