Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lighter Aerial Brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ssierragls

has anyone heard if richard has got anywhere developing a lighter aerial brush? a few months ago he agreed to finally make the brush lighter but we haven't heard anything. I texted him but i got no reply.

Yeah got a duel trim boars hair in the post yesterday...so think he's still alive n kicking lol

well he text me back today. good news is he has made the brush 100g lighter, and it is in out for testing, the bad news is in his words "it is a bit specialized and comes with a premium price", i dont know what that price is, but its a shame because i dont see why he can just make all his brushes lighter and keep the price the same, but he has always been hell bent on not making the brush lighter in the first place.

I will wait to see what the price is, but i am not going to start spending silly money on a brush.

i think richard needs to get reed of the resin an have the bristles going strate in the plastic stock like gardeners lose the over hang on the stock that would shave off lots of waight an keep the price down a test brush would b very nce i have a fieling he wont b sending one tho as he ant bin on here 4 ages

I spoke to Richard today. He is on with the new lighter brush but it sounds like it might be a little while yet.

He is doing the stock in carbon fibre and he reckons it will be about 120g lighter. He did say though that it is not going to be a stock item, it will be a special and although he hasn't decided on price yet, I get the impression it ain't gonna be cheap!

I spoke to Richard today. He is on with the new lighter brush but it sounds like it might be a little while yet.

He is doing the stock in carbon fibre and he reckons it will be about 120g lighter. He did say though that it is not going to be a stock item, it will be a special and although he hasn't decided on price yet, I get the impression it ain't gonna be cheap!
sounds good m8 when u say special do u think it will b made to order sort of thing? he did say ages ago the new brush wont b cheep but carbon stock sounds like a qualty bit of kit b a thurst i think carbon stock

sounds good m8 when u say special do u think it will b made to order sort of thing? he did say ages ago the new brush wont b cheep but carbon stock sounds like a qualty bit of kit b a thurst i think carbon stock
He indicated to me that he was gonna make about 50 to start with then see how it goes. It will be interesting to follow the development.
He still insists that for 99% of users the lighter brush is completely unnecessary.

He indicated to me that he was gonna make about 50 to start with then see how it goes. It will be interesting to follow the development.

He still insists that for 99% of users the lighter brush is completely unnecessary.
richard does no his stuff but i think there is a lot of people who perfer a liter brush an i think he is underestermatinhg the market lots of people said it could b liter im happy with my cut down brush but a liter one would b beta 4 them over conny roofs an when wrking at xtreem hight

Not snuffed it yet, I hope you lot have all been keeping well.

Been working on a few (brush) design, it’s a slow process to get it right; I know you lot are patient! What I could probably do, is, send the forum some ‘crude’ lighter weigh brushes next spring just to try out.

I reluctant to remove any cleaning bristle the current brushes have, just to save overall weight, (increasing the cleaning time, is not the way to go with wfp brushes in my opinion) it does make it much harder to achieve any overall weight reduction by keeping the current bristle count & maintain quality – but I have made a lot of headway with the design, but cost do easily shoot up. Cost aspect is as hard as the designing part in some ways. Within reason you can make anything if money doesn’t come into it, which of course it does.

Retail price is a tricky one at this stage, if I go for best quality (which I will) the brush might end up as a special and sold out at cost, as a limited run. It will (the brush) have a very good life/usage before it should be replaced, depending on the operator £15k - £20K of cleaning work. Although I am fully aware many window cleaners continue to use the same brush well after any recommended replacement date, so it should last years if you have one and want to keep using it.

If the final brush performs well above the current Tecbuk range, in terms of the cleaning times, and then the retail price is accepted by the customers I will keep on sale.

Richard

sounds good richard cant wate to c it defently dont wana have less bristels the tecbuk bristels r perfect as they r ,r u still guna do the carbon stock??

Latest Posts

Back