Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

what is your average for canvassing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

me5380

Hi all,I am curious to find out but honest answers please,If you were to canvass around your local areas for about 4 hr which i know most of you have done at some point what would your success rate be?just a average as i know it differs from day to day

This is my first post on here and as a newbee I thought I would share my experiences. I go out canvassing twice a week, Monday and Thursday, for no other reason than these are the evenings i have free. I knock on doors between 6-8pm as most people are in then. (It was easier in the winter as, if there was a light on in the house someone was in. This stopped wasted door knocking.) I average between 3-4 new customers an hour, a ratio of about one per ten knocks. I have had evenings when I only got 2-3 but then I did get 15 in one and a half hours! In January I had 75 new customers. I had to stop canvassing as I ran out of available time to service them all. I was traditional but have invested in WFP now and as a result need more customers. So back knocking and achieving the same results. I just ask if they require a window cleaner. You can usually tell if they do as they stop to think, then say " how much?" You've got them then... Be polite, smart and good luck.

I was out yesterday for two and a half hours 12.15 until 2.45, small rural village were a window cleaner lives!!! I managed to get two new customers and three possibly interested and managed to pick up a small caravan park which could lead to some good money.

i tend to go out for 2-3 hrs at a time

i aint managed to get out last 2 weeks but before that i was getting anything upto 4-5 new customers but oviosly depends where u are ect and what areas u covered

I've heard lots of success stories, but have been disappointed so far at our returns.

we are trying to get more work where we now live, which is 30 miles from our current round location. we've started canvassing, but only really picked up a couple of definites in maybe 7 hours canvassing. getting a lot of people out. recently my wife just dropped a few hundred leaflets in a nearby estate and got 2 customers on the same day from it.

depends on areas your in and how swamped with cleaners already. just keep plugging away, they will keep coming in over time. were prob just going to leaflet drop the town, then try knocking the villages around about.

apparently the average you get is about 1% return for leaflets, and up to 10% average for door knocking.

If I put out 500 flyers I wouldn't sit at home waiting for the phone to ring. If I got 3-5 calls I'd be happy. I have had calls up to 7-8 months after putting flyers out.

It changes really.. Depends if you luckily get a street with no cleaner, and you will hit nearly every one...

I have been doing an area.. 900 odd houses and I know there is at least 4 other windows plus me that do in there... I been out 3 ***hts for about 2 hours a time.. And have got around 12-15 each ***ht prob out of 100 houses. There is still a good lot stinking too, I think one of the windows has either gave up or died..

This area im doing I have wrote down all the streets and house numbers, and been marking off each house Iv called to.. So I know who has cleaners, who wasn't in so I can call back.. I done this cos everywhere else Iv canvassed I haven't a clue who I have called to and don't want to look like an ejit calling to same house again lol

Good idea Belfast.

I do think putting leaflets out is better then going in person, obvisly if there is someone in the garden or drive then id ask if they have a window cleaner then go from there.

Feels like you kinda force it on them, when canvassing and can step on other window cleaners, where if you got leaflets they then have a choice.

With leaflets you can advertise other services, IE fascias cleans, gutterss, cleaning drive ways, etc etc, where if you canvass you only letting me know your a window cleaner and weather or not they will take you on..

It changes really.. Depends if you luckily get a street with no cleaner, and you will hit nearly every one...

I have been doing an area.. 900 odd houses and I know there is at least 4 other windows plus me that do in there... I been out 3 ***hts for about 2 hours a time.. And have got around 12-15 each ***ht prob out of 100 houses. There is still a good lot stinking too, I think one of the windows has either gave up or died..

This area im doing I have wrote down all the streets and house numbers, and been marking off each house Iv called to.. So I know who has cleaners, who wasn't in so I can call back.. I done this cos everywhere else Iv canvassed I haven't a clue who I have called to and don't want to look like an ejit calling to same house again lol
what is your average first clean price,and what kinda area r u knocking

It's like middle class people, alot of house wives and oldies. No council houses. Medium semis. Start at £7 to £12, I only asked for that for first clean as they are all every 4 weeks. Some I wish I had of asked for more but anyway, I was round doing 2nd cleans today and flew round then.

Not all areas I will ask for more first time, if it's a huge house I would, but I just wanted to get this area built up more. Going to try get 100 then that will do me for that week

Thought u meant 100 new custys I was gonna say come to Carlisle for a holiday lol and help me.

Just the usual, hey I clean windows in the area every 4 weeks and was just wondering if you would like yours cleaned?

Just been lucky really, I don't know how they have been sitting so long as no one else has knocked! Was going to go out again to***ht but it's ******* down

Back