Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

making pure water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

hi all, if i was to make pure water by using 2 DI tanks with a TDS input of 260 how long would the resin last?
I don't think anyone will be able to give you a definitive answer tbh.

The calculator I have suggests that if you are using 4000 liters of water a month, your monthly resin cost would be a little over £150 or 2 x 25 bags of resin. 4000 liters is 190l per day working 21 days a month.

If you were to be more realistic and estimate 350 liters usage a day then you will use 7350 liters of water a month using the same parameters. Your resin costs would be around £280 or 3 1/2 bags of resin.

However using twin di will reduce that a bit, but the by how much is the million dollar question. The great thing about twin di is that you are exhausting the resin in each di vessel where the calculator bases the resin usage on a single di. I would also presume (I've never seen it confirmed) that it would also be at the point the tds leaving the di vessel starts to rise. Some cleaners tell us that they can get away with cleaning with the quality of their water at 10ppm or higher, which theoretically means their resin will last them longer.

This is probably one of the reasons why they conclude that resin calculators aren't accurate.

Window Cleaning Warehouse has a resin calculator on their website. Their resin calculator shows the resin usage as much less than the one I have.

Resin Calculator

If I put my own resin usage into the calculator I find that using a single di and changing resin at 1ppm the resin calculator on WCW is under-estimating my resin use where the resin calculator I have is over estimating it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back