Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot or Cold????

To set up a gas (propane) heater system you can spend as little as £100 for diesel you can get in to thousands of pounds.

Hot water holds dirt in suspension better than cold, it cuts through dried on guano, pollen spots and other nasty gunk in a a fraction of the time that cold water does and in the winter with hot water pumping through your equipment it also helps keep your hands warmer.

Hope that helps.

Hot water cleans better than cold ( Fact ) who is making it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi any recommendations please. I am a start up business and really would rather use a RO system than resin trolley etc may be grippamax or x line etc ?

hot water cleans quicker and uses less water.

when we did a test on the same houses, we saved about 150lts of water and saved 1.5hours in just one day of using hot compared to cold.

we use hot every day of the year, its not just for cold weather its just as good in hot weather to shift dried on dirt

Hey Pepsi, not to try to burst your bubble but you say you are a start up, you are talking about two rather pricey systems and then adding in diesel hot water as well.

Questions that need answering, how much water do you need? how many clients do you have? What is the highest window you will need to clean? Are you doing enough work to be able to cover all your expenses? (both business and home)

Many seasoned window cleaners know that ideally you need three months money put aside just to save your ass when those serious winters kick in. Can you afford not to work throughout a really harsh winter? Would you not be better off to get the system you need and not the system you want?

Window cleaning is one of the greatest businesses out there, it's one of the most rewarding and when it's not going well it's one of the most heart breaking. Unless you are buying a well established large round how to you plan to expand your business? Can your area provide the amount of business you want? I only ask as there are plenty of second hand vans and systems on the market from people that thought 'I will buy all this gear and the work will just magically appear.

As I say, not trying to put you off, good luck with it.

Back