Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Canvasser starts next week

WCF

Help Support WCF:

padman

I have a canvasser starting next week and as he has never done any window canvassing before, what do you think is the best way for me to tell him how to price up ?

Going for a meet up tomorrow and a chat. So hopefully next week will be off and running.

When Jade started I told her a minimum of £10 per house - £1 per window so if say a 3 bed semi example = two windows top front - £2 - 1 window front bottom £1 - 2 side windows - £2 - 2 top windows back £2 - 1 window downstairs back £1 - and then £1.50 per door so £3 for the two doors .

Total - £11.

Add 50% if they have a conservatory.

She took to it like a duck to water,

First week I also ensured I spent a couple of days canvassing with her on the same street so I could point out the dos and don'ts.

Thanks that is extremely helpful.

The guy has been a canvasser for a long time selling everything from Double Glazing to Electric. So hopefully he can move my window business onwards and get me out of tree surgery work haha

Forgot to mention is that monthly or 6/8 weekly. Plus one offs I was thinking £25 but not being able to view I may just get him to ring me and I will pop round so I can see then how long it will take me. I suppose its all a bit suck it and see to start with.

When Jade started I told her a minimum of £10 per house - £1 per window so if say a 3 bed semi example = two windows top front - £2 - 1 window front bottom £1 - 2 side windows - £2 - 2 top windows back £2 - 1 window downstairs back £1 - and then £1.50 per door so £3 for the two doors .
Total - £11.

Add 50% if they have a conservatory.

She took to it like a duck to water,

First week I also ensured I spent a couple of days canvassing with her on the same street so I could point out the dos and don'ts.
do you charge more for bay windows?

Hi just out of interest how much (as a guide price) would you charge for the windows on say the top 2 rows, working left to right my prices would be.....

£1.50, £2, £1, £2

£1, £1, £1.50, £1.50.

This is based on regular cleans good access & parking etc.

View attachment 6103

However when quoting, once I have totted up the cost based on the windows/door sizes & configuration, I then adjust the price to factor in any aggro such as access, general clutter around the garden anything that effect the time it would take to do the job as a whole.

Just as a after thought I understand different areas have different pricing, but I still think it would be interesting to see if the proportions of price variance was the same for different window sizes.

Forgot to mention is that monthly or 6/8 weekly. Plus one offs I was thinking £25 but not being able to view I may just get him to ring me and I will pop round so I can see then how long it will take me. I suppose its all a bit suck it and see to start with.
Get him to take a photo - save you a trip.

let us know how you get on as I like this threads and find them very helpful
Will do, he is doing Friday and Saturday next week. I cant say I was mega impressed when i met him to be honest. But we will see /emoticons/smile.png

Back