Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose reel in general.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

keir

Last day of work before chrimbo on the last house my hose split!! I was expecting it as it looks a bit battered, i fairly abused it when i first started wfp, dragging round corners etc so anyway i've ordered some joint/repair pieces and was wandering if anyone runs a repaired hose?? I can imagine that it can be a pain, coming apart or catching, i will get a fresh hose but have spent over £300 on gear just before the hols.

Also a bit of advice for noob wfp users

Don't use brute force to unreel your hose from miles away

Unravel the slack you require before you go round corners

When reeling back in, whilst walking back to the reel, pick a loop of hose up every 5 metres. Helps reduce any frustration walking back and forward when it catches on stuff and damaging custys property/your hose

Switch your controller off, leave the hose pressurised and reel it in, then disconnect the hozelock.

This will massively reduce the amount pinching/sticking of the hose as it unreels in normal use, i cant count how many times i've had to walk back and pick the reel up and release the tight spot.

The only thing, i have noticed that it does leave the reel quite slack once fully reeled in and fully depressurised, but i have yet to see a down side to this yet.

I've found it best to secure the hose reel to the van floor with pipe clips & have the rear of van (unless you reel out of side door) generally facing the last house you're doing for quicker reel-in.

Not sure smurf, its yellow microbore 100m long, its good stuff but like a said.......properly abused it for first 6 months lol

Join it then also take it off the hose reel and turn it around as less wear will be on that end;)

Whoa........!!!!!!!!!!

Why didn't i think of that? Cheers pal

The split is only 10m in too, so that would sort it properly

That there is why i love this forum

Back