Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

can someone help with best hot water system?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

steveprice

hi people am new to the forum, am very interested in investing in a pure hot water system but struggling on choice i been looking at the x line ones and also pure freedom but there are many more and because am new am very dubious about a big investment

i want a 500 plus litre tank for van mount heated water

am interested to hear from users of the systems not sellers of them.

x line quoted me £6725 fully fitted for 750 hot water with reels 2 poles and roof tubes for my vivaro

i have been traditional cleaner for some time but want to invest in the next phase for bigger jobs etc

any advice be much appreciated

Hi this has been covered hundreds of times. I have one of the best (well it was certainly one of the dearest) Hot water systems and all i can say is dont bother it is the biggest wast of money you will spend on wfp All this its faster and does a better job is total rubbish.

Sorry Pete I don't agree mate. I've got hot and use it all the time now, the difference I find is it cuts through slug/snail trails and removes spiders webs (especially from wooden windows) a lot quicker than cold. The only thing that gripes me is: the reliability - on the webasto it decides when it wants to work, some times it does and other times it gives up for the day.

Cost : not a massive expense to run ( around £2.50 to heat a 300ltr tank to 50 degrees with an immersion heater and the same in fuel for the webasto (on a loop circuit back in to the tank). The initial cost for the diesel isn't worth it (although mine is a diy system) but the immersion heater or gas heater at around £200 is. Are you any good at DIY Steve? Someone was selling a thermo pure 600 litre Ionicsystems on here - would that not be big enough?

If I was buying a system and having it installed I would look at grippatank, no idea how much they cost but if you have the money to invest then they would be my first contact.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

As above. I have a fogwash gas heater, cost me £85.

Working with lovely warm hoses in the recent freezing weather was lovely /emoticons/smile.png

Sorry Pete I don't agree mate. I've got hot and use it all the time now, the difference I find is it cuts through slug/snail trails and removes spiders webs (especially from wooden windows) a lot quicker than cold. The only thing that gripes me is: the reliability - on the webasto it decides when it wants to work, some times it does and other times it gives up for the day.Cost : not a massive expense to run ( around £2.50 to heat a 300ltr tank to 50 degrees with an immersion heater and the same in fuel for the webasto (on a loop circuit back in to the tank). The initial cost for the diesel isn't worth it (although mine is a diy system) but the immersion heater or gas heater at around £200 is. Are you any good at DIY Steve? Someone was selling a thermo pure 600 litre Ionicsystems on here - would that not be big enough?

If I was buying a system and having it installed I would look at grippatank, no idea how much they cost but if you have the money to invest then they would be my first contact.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
thanks mate appreciate your thoughts just dont want to over spend getting the best if i dont need to, i had a bucket and cloths for years but now want to step the operation up

Back