Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Unbelievable

laddergarder

Me and my wife were at home on Friday night, when we got a frightening call. Her Gran has been diagnosed with dementia and alzheimer's deceases in the last year, and she had disappeared. We think her Granda may have fell a sleep, and she just got up and walked out. The rain was pouring down, and not the best conditions for a stroll.

The alarm was raised when the police found her 80 year old Granda in town with a torch looking for her. My wife and I, all her family, and every police in the town was out looking for her, in every close, shop and street. We managed to find her, on a street she stayed at over 30 years ago, about an hour later. All was well, she got checked out at the hospital and we got her home, and settled.

The next night, a one in a million happened. I got home from work, parked up, and an old fella, asked if I could taxi him to a street, about 30 minutes walk away. Well 30 minutes for me. After my surreal evening the night before, I was a little concerned for him. It was late at night, and he had a bag with toilet roll in it.

I asked, if he had walked all the way down her to get toilet roll. He said he went out to the shop, and just kept walking. Alarm bells were ringing. I popped him in the van, and drove him up to the street. But he didn't stay there, and then admitted he had been diagnosed with dementia. We got his name out of him and another street, he may stay at, and found him listed in the phone book.

After calling his phone number and speaking to his wife, we got him home safe.

If the events of Friday night didn't happen, I don't know if I would have realised that this guy may have been in trouble.

sorry to hear that, not nice to see happening. used to do some part time work in a care home for alzheimer's think the youngest there was in the 40's.

at least you had that first hand knowledge to be able to help someone else! nice one,

Possibly very lucky it was you he asked for a lift mate, whats the chances. Sorry for the gran by the way, dementia it's a horrible thing.

Glad your gran was found and is now safe! Cant imagine what it would been like for you and the family. Good deed pal your going to heaven!

My wife is a carer in a dementia and alzheimers home and some of the things she tells me about are not nice .

But good on you for helping that fella out .

My fiancée is a carer too for the vulnerable elderly with added learning disabilities as was my mum, have to say not many people would have done what you did, which is sad. But top man got doing it.

Seriously though what are the chances

good news /emoticons/smile.png and i wouldnt give no stranger a lift u never know whats around the corner but credit to u for doing it /emoticons/smile.png

Back