Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Strange tds readings

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I live in soft water area (74ppm)

Checked water last week 002ppm

I have twin di and pump it through resin then to hose reel and out of pole, if this makes sense.

Measured water again today and reading was 175ppm, resin isn't that old.

The flow direction was correct, but thought I'd try it the other was round then it went down to 65ppm! But that was the wrong way round.

Put new resin in and now reading 000ppm.

Question is how can it be a higher reading coming out than what is going in??

Using unger resin

Thanks scott

I live in soft water area (74ppm)
Checked water last week 002ppm

I have twin di and pump it through resin then to hose reel and out of pole, if this makes sense.

Measured water again today and reading was 175ppm, resin isn't that old.

The flow direction was correct, but thought I'd try it the other was round then it went down to 65ppm! But that was the wrong way round.

Put new resin in and now reading 000ppm.

Question is how can it be a higher reading coming out than what is going in??

Using unger resin

Thanks scott
Buy Tulsion MB-115 next time and compare.

Check the accuracy of your tds meter. If its not genuine then this is most likely your problem. Maybe you changed resin when you didn't need to.

As per Tuffers - Tulsion resin every time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried unger resin & found that once it "started" to go off it rapidly went through the floor!!

However, I have even had some bad Tulsion too. Tulsion normally lasts me approx 6 weeks per fill, one bag I had was down to less than half this!:eek:

This current bag of Tulsion is back to 6 weeks./emoticons/smile.png

As long as your not on a water meter I'd put the water through a ro, you'd save a fortune on resin, my water is close to 400 tds but after ro it's 8-9 I only have 2 ltr resin connected and the 2 ltr lasts me 6 weeks before starting to creep up

Thank you for the replies, I am gunna try Tulsion next time.

Unfortunately I am on a water metre, water bill as only crept up a little bit since starting,not too bad was expecting worse.

Cheers scott

As long as your not on a water meter I'd put the water through a ro, you'd save a fortune on resin, my water is close to 400 tds but after ro it's 8-9 I only have 2 ltr resin connected and the 2 ltr lasts me 6 weeks before starting to creep up
My tap TDS is 90ppm. I only use 4 bags of resin per year, no RO, no holding tank, no transfer, no hassle. Fill tank with tap water & purify on-demand./emoticons/smile.png

Doesn't really matter if your on a meter, if you used an RO unit you could always collect the waste water into water butts and use it to water the garden etc.

That Idea is a good one granted for low volume production but for me is totally impractical.

I fill up 1000ltr ibc's at a times so would need huge tanks to store all the rejected ro water.

Doesn't really matter if your on a meter, if you used an RO unit you could always collect the waste water into water butts and use it to water the garden etc.

Back