Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sos Save Our Squeegee!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

adyspurs

Just interested in peoples views on traditional.now I use wfp where required and have done for many years.

But I love the squeegee and get immense satisfaction from blading loads of windows and my customers love it.

Since joining this forum have noticed people start to window clean with out learning the art of window cleaning and get a wfp straight away,quite shocking.

check amount of wfp to traditional posts.shocking long live the squeegee!

I won't even change if forced to by law lol

They're hardly going to jail me for using a squeegee.

"Excuse me sir, your breaking the law using that traditional equipment"

"Oh am I now? If I'm already breaking the law kind sir, I might as well break it more by kicking your ass"

Hahaha yes I have far to much time on my hands... My apologies for the silly banter.

On a serious note........

I love traditional window cleaning. I've been at it a few months now, and see the minute that your skills with the squeegee just click in to place....it's magic.

I thought I was never going to get the hang of it, then all of a sudden...BANG....I'm a window cleaner lol

I love it , trad always , the fitness I'm getting is magic ...I was also cleaning next to a wfp guy today & he noticed that my glass was shining he asked what I had in my bucket ..he still does not know ...cheers James 44

I think it won't be long till other windys custys will notice my windows are shining /emoticons/wink.png

Trad guys, if water fed pole had come first, how many of you would change to using ladders?
probably not if it had come first though most on here wouldnt be in the game cos it would have been flooded with people scared of ladders many moons ago :lol:

I used traditional for 5 years and I've not been using water fed for 5 years, I still use traditional on downstairs every so often.

Have to admit I enjoy soaping and blading more but I don't miss climbing ladders 1000times a day, neither do my knees

i love squeegee but the more i use wfp the more i realise that wfp is the future soz fella's

i reckon in 10 years it'll be 75%wfp and 25% trad

i love squeegee but the more i use wfp the more i realise that wfp is the future soz fella's
i reckon in 10 years it'll be 75%wfp and 25% trad
honestly in ten yrs i dont think youll see 5% trad.

When you say people prefer it, how do you know? Have they told you they don't like wfp, have they tried it? As most of my customers told me they don't care what way I clean their windows. Some won't care that your up and down ladders all day, and if they can't respect you want to keep yourself that bit safer then they ain't the customers you want to have.. They won't care about you or think twice about replacing you if you fall and breaks your 2 legs.. I only lost 1 of these customers..

I think wfp cleans better than trad.. Unless your doing a frames restoration where ladders and elbow grease will always win.. But brand new windows trad vs wfp I can clean a lot quicker with wfp..

...and I 100% disagree with you Belfast. I have many customers that dislike wfp pole, the usual complaint, streaky windows, gallons of water all over the bloody place, muck left in the corners, windows left wet to the elements oh and, extortionate pricing and I can sympathise with and, fully agree with them.

I first cleaned a house only yesterday that was last done wfp and at first look, the windows didn't look too dirty until I got up close to the upstairs and found the usual, paint splashes, years old in origin and those baked on blobs of snot like substances that the bristles of a broom can only tickle.

My father in law wants me to clean his windows for the same reasons, he's 2nd storey and has only 5 window for which he is charged 20 quid and what really annoys him, the flats below him get theirs wiped over for free due to splashes. How unfair is that ? He's having to pay the extra because of the system his current WC uses.

Of course you can clean alot quicker with wft pole than with trad but, have you ever stopped to ask yourself why ? I can dust my mantle piece alot faster than I can polish it.

I reckon the opposite, in ten years time I think it'll be 75% trad and 25% wfp. Why does ladderless automatically mean a wet brush on the end of a pole I don't know. I finally bought my wagtail last Tuesday and after trying it on my own top windows(on the end of a pole), I couldn't believe the job I did on my first attempt after running upstairs to take a look. I had left just a few drops of water along the very bottom where I hadn't closed out properly but, the glass, top and sides were pefect and I look forward to developing this skill.

And then there's the environmental issue, what is it....2 litres down the drain for every 1 litre of water purified...I could be wrong on that one ? We are experiencing some **** weather at the moment but, when we have one of those long hot summers with hose pipe bans everywhere, I would feel guilty as hell throwing 25 litres of water at an house. I could clean windows for a week on the amount of water some of you guys use on one house. Water is a commodity and like all commodities, it's price is governed by it's demand. If everyone stopped using petrol, it would sell for 10p a gallon.

Water fed pole for me, should be kept for those commercial jobs it was designed for and kept well away from residential properties. Just my opinion guys...

Mart.

To be honest I don't care myself what methods others use to be honest. What is the point in going over the same old subject over and over again.

As a so say window cleaner both methods can be used. If you can trad great... if you can wfp great... If you can do both then even better.

FROM MARTS STATEMENT ON WATER FED POLES

"I reckon the opposite, in ten years time I think it'll be 75% trad and 25% wfp. Why does ladderless automatically mean a wet brush on the end of a pole I don't know. I finally bought my wagtail last Tuesday and after trying it on my own top windows(on the end of a pole), I couldn't believe the job I did on my first attempt after running upstairs to take a look. I had left just a few drops of water along the very bottom where I hadn't closed out properly but, the glass, top and sides were pefect and I look forward to developing this skill."

when you have perfected this skill will you be "DUSTING OR POLISHING YOUR MANTLE PIECE?"

THIS IS THE SAME AS WATER FED POLE SO YOUR KNOCKING WATER BUT ITS OK TO LEAVE A MUCKY DRY SILL IS IT?

Here we go again :lol:

I maybe old but I'm not that def yet so why are you shouting /emoticons/tongue.png

FROM MARTS STATEMENT ON WATER FED POLES
"I reckon the opposite, in ten years time I think it'll be 75% trad and 25% wfp. Why does ladderless automatically mean a wet brush on the end of a pole I don't know. I finally bought my wagtail last Tuesday and after trying it on my own top windows(on the end of a pole), I couldn't believe the job I did on my first attempt after running upstairs to take a look. I had left just a few drops of water along the very bottom where I hadn't closed out properly but, the glass, top and sides were pefect and I look forward to developing this skill."

when you have perfected this skill will you be "DUSTING OR POLISHING YOUR MANTLE PIECE?"

THIS IS THE SAME AS WATER FED POLE SO YOUR KNOCKING WATER BUT ITS OK TO LEAVE A MUCKY DRY SILL IS IT?

Back