Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cannibalising Wfp Question...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Shine Window Cleaning

I have inherited 2x Brodex poles- 1 18foot/1 22foot I think. They are exactly same pole just different sizes. The smaller of the 2 poles is in usable condition and is adequate for what I need at the moment- but it's too short for may of my jobs!

Can I 'canabalise' the larger pole using sections to make a bigger pole? And if so will I need new parts(£££ is super-tight at moment!).

Thanks guys!

I have inherited 2x Brodex poles- 1 18foot/1 22foot I think. They are exactly same pole just different sizes. The smaller of the 2 poles is in usable condition and is adequate for what I need at the moment- but it's too short for may of my jobs!

Can I 'canabalise' the larger pole using sections to make a bigger pole? And if so will I need new parts(£££ is super-tight at moment!).

Thanks guys!
Any advice welcome?

Well yeah you should be able to. But you can't really extend a section to make it longer. Won't be very stable.

For the messing about etc i would you save up an buy something like an clx 22 /emoticons/smile.png

Well yeah you should be able to. But you can't really extend a section to make it longer. Won't be very stable.

For the messing about etc i would you save up an buy something like an clx 22 /emoticons/smile.png
fair play mate. Is the clx only 22foot tho, and what's best £££ to buy? I'm thinking I need bit bigger!

fair play mate. Is the clx only 22foot tho, and what's best £££ to buy? I'm thinking I need bit bigger!
Yeah 22ft - 26ft reach.

Was just an example.

Carbon/fibreglass will be your best bet.

Maybe look at the Phoenix range from facelift.

Probably got some bits I could sell you to get started mate. Brush/adapters etc /emoticons/smile.png

strip them down, so all section of poles are seperate, clean up and then take the best of each section and put together in a new pole, then take the rest and cut downand make a smaller pole for use, might need need clamps and tape at bottom of poles, can you put a pic up

fair play mate. Is the clx only 22foot tho' date=' and what's best £££ to buy? I'm thinking I need bit bigger! [/quote']
Yeah 22ft - 26ft reach.

Was just an example.

Carbon/fibreglass will be your best bet.

Maybe look at the Phoenix range from facelift.

Probably got some bits I could sell you to get started mate. Brush/adapters etc /emoticons/smile.png
Damo what bits you got for sale ?

Back