Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

On & off switch

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Posh

Have aquired a 12v battery & a 80psi pump. Have connected them up so pump runs. Fitted a hose on & put it a 25L drum & put a hose on the outlet of pump & hey presto it pumps out water from the drum. Thought this will be handy for a spare if one of my backpacks packs up. My problem is turning it off. I'm useless with wiring so can anybody recommend a switch to turn it on & off & how do you fit it. It needs only to be simple as its only a spare & hopefully won't be used much.

Hi mate . I have just made the same for getting round the backs of terraced houses easily etc. The switch is simple, it is just a break of the live wire.

One of these will do

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-250V-MINI-RED-ROCKER-SWITCH-ON-OFF-2PIN-SPST-TOGGLE-6A-10A-Dashboard-Car-/251395904090?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&var=&hash=item3a885d125a

On your live wire just cut it and put each cut end onto the 2 terminals coming from the switch. The switch then joins and separates the connection when you turn on/off /emoticons/smile.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've just looked at yours. I'm very impressed. So I take live wire from battery to switch terminal. What goes on other switch terminal & where does that go. Bear with me I'm useless when it comes to electrics.

Also where did you get your box?

ditto what jimmyboots said take the live wire cut it in two and then put one end in one side and the other in the other side....really simples.../emoticons/smile.png

So does it make any difference which way around the two lives are connect on the switch?

Back