Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Why pay for a training course...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Solarsteve, you said out of 60 people on your course no-one has got the health and safety right. How do you know you have? I mean who trained you, is there some kind of solar panel cleaning certification or was it the manufacturers or someone else?
@MrBump thats a question I've answered loads of times before on threads on this forum. If you have a read of them, you'll find my answer.

The first 20 mins of the training day is entitled: "Steve Williams - Who Do You Think You Are? Who Trained You?" I explain why I feel I have every reason to be qualified to train others even though I don't have a formal qualification. Not one person has challenged me on that who has attended the day.

Word has spread about the training course and my own knowledge about solar panel cleaning within the UK solar industry and further afield. It is likely I will be hosting a solar panel cleaning training and information seminar in both Australia and South Africa before the end of the year.

@Solar Steve Colchester, but very near Ipswich and surrounding towns in south Suffolk and all of North Essex..

got to say I did the course at s.s and I was quite happy with it , worth every penny

I go on hazchem courses as well as DGSA courses a lot due to some of the work I do outside this industry yet alone the rail courses I have to send my staff on and I found it a good course ,

as with most courses you take away knowledge and if you just take away just one small amount of knowledge this small amount could just save your life one day !

it was well run and very professional yet relaxed he answered all questions I asked even some that I know more about (hazchem fire training )

i went in to the course on the back foot from what i had read on fourms so i geared myself up to give him a hard time and by asking him every question i could and some i already knew the answer too , he was he so sick of my big booming gob trust me i gave him a hard time he never faulted one bit

ill be sending three staff on the course asap worth every penny bet he wont ask me back in a hurry lol

yes trev81 , ive had some work from stev already , and it did open my eyes to a few things and I was like most on here just cracking on with cleaning them , it made me stop and think so just that alone was worth it in cash terms for me

we do work for a good few companys and they all want you to do they site courses before they let you on site sometimes they charge some times they don't , let alone the work we do on the railways again we have to pay for our tickets long before they will let us quote for jobs guess its up to you and where you want to go with your business

Hi @noddy. It was great to have you on the course and I'm glad it benefitted you. I do remember you had questions and some where not straightforward, but that's what it's about. If you come on a course, you need to leave with every question you have answered, or safe in the knowledge that you will get an answer.

We will run another course in February and it will consist of those wishing to become an Approved Contractor in areas that we don't currently have one and also companies who have put one or two of their staff on the course and who now wish to send more.

I will obviously contact you with more details nearer the time.

Back