Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do you tackle upstairs balcony doors with wfp or traditional?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Balcony doors

• WFP

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Traditional

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
I've got several houses with these Juliene style balconies on them with either glass or iron decorative safety barriers and have given in attempting to use the pole system on them as I can't get a method that doesn't leave the spotting or an outright mess. Do you guys just grab a ladder or is there a "way" of doing them from the ground.

Example below.

View attachment 8092

I got five with these, four the brush fits through the bars on an angle. So I scrub and rinse top then in through the bars for bottoms. It is a pain as if it's a big set of doors you have to wiggle the brush in twice. Not had any complaints so must be OK. Last one the bars are so close together it's an impossible job, wfp or Trad. Told her it can only be done from inside.

The only method I use is to not do them.

I'm wfp so either the brush fits thru or it doesn't.

Luckily these are rare round here

I've only got one house with these on a trendy street. The old woman that lives there is always in so I just go in and open the doors so I can trad from the inside.

I've got several houses with these Juliene style balconies on them with either glass or iron decorative safety barriers and have given in attempting to use the pole system on them as I can't get a method that doesn't leave the spotting or an outright mess. Do you guys just grab a ladder or is there a "way" of doing them from the ground.
Example below.
Just put the brush through, I have a fair few of them on my rounds, never a problem they just take a few seconds longer than a patio door without railings in front.

I have a couple like that that i wfp

I have 1 that has the bars in front of the window above a sloped tiled roof so i het the ladders off and run up the roof to trad them

I have said before itbis impossible to be 100% wfp even if you wanted to as I refuse to let a window beat me

There is always a way if you put your mind to it

Back