Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi Guys Tmike From Enfield London

T

tMike

Just joined your forum after deciding to start up window cleaning again after a 20 year break.

It seems it was a lot easier 20 years ago to get customers because every street I try to canvass now already has a long serving window cleaner charging silly money to clean their windows. ( i.e £2.50 to clean a terrace house front)

I am a handyman by trade but finding it a bit hard to do now as I am getting a bit long in the tooth.

I didn’t thing so then but I do now, the old boy I worked for retired and gave me a 280 customer domestic round and sold his commercial business. I managed to build on that foundation and ended up with 890 customers most from customer recommendations. I had to sell my round due to family illness abroad.

Any advice on how to find work these days would be most appreciated.

Cheers Guys,

tMike

Welcome to the forum.

Canvassing still works... u pick small numbers up... but it all adds up over time /emoticons/smile.png

Posting flyers out is another way.... To get a good success rate from this you have to send out at least 5,000 /emoticons/smile.png that is my opinion

Thanks for the welcome guys, any advice available on pricing in london.

tMike
This may or may not work but it did work for me with pressure washing. I phoned up about 7 pressure washing companys to come and give me a quote for my drive to be pressure washed. 5 of them came out and gave me a quote. I got a ruff idea on how to price a job and what the going rates were. One of them even spotted my van coming in to my street and said to me ''Have you not asked him to clean your drive? What did he quote you'' I made my excuses and got my quote lol. I then moved the van further round the street and awaited the rest of them coming

If you do do it this way just make sure you get a different variety of companys

Welcome to the forum pal. Good luck in the new venture. Again! But I believe the 'best' way to get work is to knock doors. Get yourself flyers too so you can hand out or post into people that's not in. I recently search my local property website and wrote a list of 21 new developments close to me, drive round a few and they all bogging, I have only called at 2 developments and I'm now into both, with 1 other cleaner in 1 of them.. I'm going to just go for new developments, as yes there is cleaners very where else these days..

I wouldn't waste time or money doing just flyers. Also gumtree, Facebook, and anywhere else you can advertise for free!

welcome mate, offering a better service is my advice , loads of w/cleaners about but quite a few of them are doing a **** job. i got stopped today & asked for my card & when i said i do frames,sills,doors & garage doors if wanted she said great let me talk to my neighbours as her w/c are missing windows out & corners etc

Back