Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Really stuck on which gutter vac please help?

paul1

Hi guys got all my window cleaning kit now and got first customers booked in after my holiday next week also 3 gutter clearing jobs for 3 weeks time booked in but im really stuck on which system to go for can anyone help?

was looking at skyvac but way too expensive at the moment for me then was going to get one from gutter cleaning systems which in my price range but then was told by a guy from company called GUTTER FORCE that thiers are utter rubbish ?? but he is currently setting up selling them himself and says can sell me a much better quality package or is it just talk?

really stuck who to trust and best to go for with my budget of £980 max, I would but all kit separate and make my own kit up but don't know exactly what I would need and where from and which poles and connections etc etc , if anyone can help with a full list and suppliers or recommend a kit that is good enough for few job a month or so be really grateful

im getting told different things from different companies/people, can anyone shed any light and which kit/machine/brand etc to go for, please help asap

Thanks

Paul

Hi guys got all my window cleaning kit now and got first customers booked in after my holiday next week also 3 gutter clearing jobs for 3 weeks time booked in but im really stuck on which system to go for can anyone help?
was looking at skyvac but way too expensive at the moment for me then was going to get one from gutter cleaning systems which in my price range but then was told by a guy from company called GUTTER FORCE that thiers are utter rubbish ?? but he is currently setting up selling them himself and says can sell me a much better quality package or is it just talk?

really stuck who to trust and best to go for with my budget of £980 max, I would but all kit separate and make my own kit up but don't know exactly what I would need and where from and which poles and connections etc etc , if anyone can help with a full list and suppliers or recommend a kit that is good enough for few job a month or so be really grateful

im getting told different things from different companies/people, can anyone shed any light and which kit/machine/brand etc to go for, please help asap

Thanks

Paul
Do you really need a vac yet? Can you do the work off ladders and use pro gutter tools? I have a vac and find it a ball ache, it takes up space in the garage, a pain to use, doesn't suck all the shite out.... But it makes a lot of noise and looks proffesional.

My advice would be - don't get one mate. I do all mine off ladders, cheaper, reliable, faster, less hassle, less to carry, no electricity needed, no nonsense, real mans way. :cool:/emoticons/biggrin.png

Just be safe and you'll be fine with ladders

Just ask @Neil if they are worth having or not.:rolleyes:

You can earn very good money doing jobs you can't get at by ladders doing hand jobs and even using a pole.

For me most 2 storey awkward jobs I get I tend to use both methods so would I be without a guttervac hell no as is an invaluable tool if you ask me.

Which one should I go for then please? or list to but separate and suppliers to make my own kit up £1000 max ish cheers

I would suggest first you spend out on a decent triple ladder setup like the ones I use first with an ankalad fitted and a microlite standoff. Reason being you will still need to use ladders on some jobs even though you intend to do wfp work. For example gaining safe access to flat roofs, gaining enough height to clean awkward conservatory roofs (don't use the microlite on the roof though), upvc restoration on first/one-off clean, downspout unblocking & gutter clearing by hand/poles etc.

Then if you have enough money left over get yourself a gopro (min spec hero 3 silver) with an lcd backpack and guttervac package used or new alternatively diy a guttervac yourself by shopping around for the bits you need.

Most importantly keep safe but get out there and start earning some dosh as in this game you can spend a fortune on kit.

Try getting that sod out of the high level internal corner on this property from a ladder!

You definitely need a guttervac as well, ideally with lightweight poles unless you're Popeye!

View attachment 4517

Just ask @Neil if they are worth having or not.:rolleyes:You can earn very good money doing jobs you can't get at by ladders doing hand jobs and even using a pole.

For me most 2 storey awkward jobs I get I tend to use both methods so would I be without a guttervac hell no as is an invaluable tool if you ask me.

I hate jobs like that as corners with sods in are a real pain to get out by guttervac even at the best of times standing directly underneath.

This job took me ages to get the sods out from the corners and that was using a 4200 watt guttervac

View attachment 4518

Try getting that sod out of the high level internal corner on this property from a ladder!You definitely need a guttervac as well, ideally with lightweight poles unless you're Popeye!

View attachment 6794

Mine took ages too - just as well there was no gutter guard in it, I'd still be there now from last January!/emoticons/biggrin.png

I hate jobs like that as corners with sods in are a real pain to get out by guttervac even at the best of times standing directly underneath.
This job took me ages to get the sods out from the corners and that was using a 4200 watt guttervac

View attachment 6795

Been there, done that on a 3 storey job without checking first.

My mate frank could not figure out why the gutter nozzle would not fit properly in the guttering. Doh!/emoticons/biggrin.png

Mine took ages too - just as well there was no gutter guard in it, I'd still be there now from last January!/emoticons/biggrin.png

Hi Paul, to get back on topic, I'm sure we could all recommend a guttervac system based on the one we own but as always it will come down to price.

My advice would be to choose the lightest poles you can because if you ever have to use them over a conservatory or extension its amazing how much heavier they become when you are using them at 45 degrees! You would probably need at least 6 poles to cover most domestic applications, although you could start with 4.

In terms of a vacuum I have a 3000w, 70 litre machine which is awkward, heavy and huge - I hate it and never use it. Biggest isn't always best. I have owned a Nilfisk Attix 1450w 40 (litre) (£420) since 2012 and it's been brilliant, it seems to suck as well as the bigger machine, is fairly easy to handle and fits easily in the back of my van.

I bought skyvac poles in 2013 mainly because they are very light and they are perfectly adequate for the job, although they are expensive.

Not sure if that helps............

Hi guys got all my window cleaning kit now and got first customers booked in after my holiday next week also 3 gutter clearing jobs for 3 weeks time booked in but im really stuck on which system to go for can anyone help?was looking at skyvac but way too expensive at the moment for me then was going to get one from gutter cleaning systems which in my price range but then was told by a guy from company called GUTTER FORCE that thiers are utter rubbish ?? but he is currently setting up selling them himself and says can sell me a much better quality package or is it just talk?

Thanks

Paul

I have a 3000w vac from gutter cleaning systems. Had it a couple of years. It works just fine for me. Ali poles are fine on the majority of jobs. But are a problem at deep angles and very high. Though I still use them.

1000quid, its freakin madness . just think how long it will take you to recoup, youll be old before youre in profit.

as said above its very rare you cant do it off ladders making profit straight away as good as ,

All depends what types of jobs you take on and how much you charge for starters @boarcity as you will find a guttervac will soon pay for itself in no time. Not only that it goes without saying is safer than using ladders all the time and some jobs/part jobs are impossible to do by ladders safely.

Regarding the pics posted above @boarcity you can't go stomping about roof walking on britle slate tiles and you would be bloody daft to even try.

Regarding the pics posted above @boarcity you can't go stomping about roof walking on britle slate tiles and you would be bloody daft to even try.
id never walk a sloping roof to get to a gutter for any money -but lookin at job in the photo id think id place ladder on that chimeney breast [bare brick section]and then use a short extension pole + gutterscoop to rake the gutter out. course i might be mistaken about the angle needed ,just how i see it from here looks a go-er for ladder . i might add the ladder must be a triple trade and a wide triple at that.

The ladder section in the pic was just to take the weight of the pole that acted as a fulcrum so I had better control of the pole. It's very easy to break plastic gutter clips, joints etc if you not careful doing jobs like that. Then you are truly stuff if you want to make a quick fix.

Back