Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Don't Buy These Water Heaters for Window Cleaning

W

WWC

After spending money on a Gas water heater that isn't suitable for window cleaning, I though that I would share the information and maybe others who have paid for heaters that also aren't suitable could do likewise on this thread?

Yes, I have used another shower successfully, but this was to be a replacement after a few cracks developed in an internal pipe in the broken shower. This thread isn't meant to ask questions, but as help to others NOT to buy these heaters as they aren't suitable.

Hopefully others will continue the list if they have had the same misfortune as myself i.e. buying a heater that won't do the job /emoticons/sad.png

So, the following shower / water heater isn't suitable as the ignition won't kick in when we need it to. The problem appears to be that the sensor needs either more flow or less back pressure to work. I have used this with a 6mm extension hose and a 8mm extension hose, and it won't work. It works with the shower head that comes with it, just not our narrower hoses.

Tengchang 8L LPG Gas Heater

Tengchang-Water-Heater-2.jpg

Tengchang-Water-Heater-1.jpg

Tengchang-Water-Heater-3.jpg

main reason is that its a 8l one.

it can produce 8lts a minute, the pumps that most people use can only supply 5.2lts a minute, on full power, so when we use controllers the flow rate gose to half at most, only pumping about 2.7lts per minute.

always say to people that ask only a maximum of a 5lt one

I had a 12L water heater working just fine on my van set up - just too hot to use unless the air temperature is sub zero during the day.

This 8L one also runs fine with my pump, if I don't put a narrow hose on the outlet i.e. 8mm extension hose. But a low volume of water with a 1/2 inch hose or the included shower head is fine.

Even running 6l per min in and out to two extension reels and poles doesn't work.

So, I'm not convinced that the problem is that it is 8L

never had a problem with our eccotemp L5 heater,

maybe its only the cheap ones that are no good???

plus they are not designed to run up 2 hoses as the pressures are always changing

Guys.

Do you know ny good company which install lpg heatets for window cleaners in surrey area.I don't mind travelling a bit as long the fitting is done correctly?Iam based in KT15 postcode area.

Help. help.

Rob

plus they are not designed to run up 2 hoses as the pressures are always changing
I have a 5l too , but i think its tricky setting it right . If i run variable settings on the flow controller. Its very sensitive that dial , cracked a window a while back . Im going for a digital in the future .

Guys.
Do you know ny good company which install lpg heatets for window cleaners in surrey area.I don't mind travelling a bit as long the fitting is done correctly?Iam based in KT15 postcode area.

Help. help.

Rob
Just bolt it to your back door. Water supply in, water supply out. Fix on pipe from propane gas bottle, job done. Honestly rob, it's a piece of doddle :thumbsup:

plus they are not designed to run up 2 hoses as the pressures are always changing[/QUO

these ae the eccotemp L5 heaters great bits of kit.
just wondering how much gas yopu use. how many litres of water per bottle of gas

E-Z Heat System[/url]how do u guys rate this system
I've got one like that and an 8 litre one like on the start of this thread. Both do the job well for me.

Needs a fair bit of adjusting to get it just right and the dials can be super sensitive sometimes only needing a couple of mil to alter 4/5 degrees.

I believe I paid £57 from Ebay for the 6 litre one .

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back