Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Adding guff to water (not vision)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jason Etheridge

Hi folks.

Do any of you add anything to your water?

I'm not talking about vision or like products. I know some add vinegar or ecover. Personally I currently add nowt!

I do use traffic film remover on first cleans but that is sprayed directly onto the glass and frames.

Just wanted to know the mileage.

Jase

Hi folks.Do any of you add anything to your water?

I'm not talking about vision or like products. I know some add vinegar or ecover. Personally I currently add nowt!

I do use traffic film remover on first cleans but that is sprayed directly onto the glass and frames.

Just wanted to know the mileage.

Jase
GG4 has been mentioned on other forums. The poster said it doesn't alter the TDS and works like 'vision'. He stopped using GG4 and is using 'vision' now as far as I know.

i think adding stuff is a wast of time u can add stuff prity mch eny thing screen wash salvents dish soap pro soap as long as its in small doses but like i said it makes hardly any difference u cant beat pure i think

i was convinced adding stuff was beta ive added loads and then used vision the first one for a wile then thault lets ave a go bk on pure and never looked bk just my view tho lots realy rate adding stuff fair play if it helps them but it does nuffing for me i wrk on the coast and i think pure wrkes beta there for shore

It has to effect TDS. Simple as that.

10ml in 500l = 20ppm

That's a lot of PPM and I for one have spent too long perfecting my water to add anything to it. Tried it. Convinced it did not work. Back to pure only.

Still put GG4 in my trad bucket :thumbsup:

i was convinced adding stuff was beta ive added loads and then used vision the first one for a wile then thault lets ave a go bk on pure and never looked bk just my view tho lots realy rate adding stuff fair play if it helps them but it does nuffing for me i wrk on the coast and i think pure wrkes beta there for shore
you probably have a point there lee,as one of the testers you tried everything with good results but i think in your case it would have been better to turn the glass hydrophobic without leaving a film/layer on the glass

i don't think additives are a must have for people,you can get along fine just useing pure,but in the same context adding to pure can give great results from either an added shine or just cleaner glass and framework,

i could go on and on

yes i add things to the tank and have done for years-i'd never use just pure again,whilst some will never use these things its becoming more commonplace now

just over a year ago i was nearly lynched on this forum for suggesting adding additives to the tank as the idea was profound to many,now its accepted as an alternative to pure

i don't think additives are a must have for people,you can get along fine just useing pure,but in the same context adding to pure can give great results from either an added shine or just cleaner glass and framework,i could go on and on

yes i add things to the tank and have done for years-i'd never use just pure again,whilst some will never use these things its becoming more commonplace now

just over a year ago i was nearly lynched on this forum for suggesting adding additives to the tank as the idea was profound to many,now its accepted as an alternative to pure
I remember that thread /emoticons/biggrin.png

i don't think additives are a must have for people,you can get along fine just useing pure,but in the same context adding to pure can give great results from either an added shine or just cleaner glass and framework,i could go on and on

So what are you adding bud?

Back