Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Teaming Up!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rcproperty

went out working yesterday to a viliage and got chatting to the window cleaner that lives there again, so after chatting for nearly 2 hours, and about how we want to get more work and never find the time of can get motavated to get canvassing we have decided to team up and go out canvassing together so we have set 2 nights a week to go out!

what work we pick up we will do together and one month use there van next month my van, £10 goes to fuel, the rest is split 50/50.

Good idea. Like it and seems fair. If you can't beat em join em and all! /emoticons/smile.png

Good idea. Like it and seems fair. If you can't beat em join em and all! /emoticons/smile.png
i clean 3 houses next to where he lives, thats where i met him. we are both wfp so both are well set up, hes been doing it for 15 years now, sold his round and came out of it for a year and for the last year just came back into it! so we are both in the same boat.

we both said that if we ever want to go our own way and not work together on the work we pick up, we will sit down and split it up 50/50 too!

I wouldnt want to share my work... i just want it all to be my work /emoticons/smile.png Dont like the idea to be honest its like having a business partner lol but if you think its good then thats good mate

it will get us out canvassing so thats a good start so that will mean more work, now there is 2 of us we can target bigger commercial places etc! 2 vans on site and possible chance of getting 5 people working 2 from each van and we both got trolly systems too!

RC your profit will be down because he will want much as u want /emoticons/smile.png you both will expect the same amount of money were as a normal worker u pay him peanuts to be honest with u

Your best of getting another van on the road and being the boss of that worker mate /emoticons/smile.png then u can have 2 vans on site aswell lol

But its up 2 u at the end of the day

I think the point of this was to canvass together as a team. Yeah ok your going to have to give every other job away but canvassing with someone can be twice as productive.

I think the point of this was to canvass together as a team. Yeah ok your going to have to give every other job away but canvassing with someone can be twice as productive.
I agree but I would rather pay the canvasser rather than give half the work

I agree but I would rather pay the canvasser rather than give half the work
There is that of course. Which you could argue that this would cost exactly the same.

i can see where you are all coming from tho.

proffit wont be down as i can do 20-25 houses myself and if he does the same that is 40-50 house in on day so really its the same money if you was working on your own!

paying for a canversser is ok, but to make your money back from that will take a couple of months, where as us 2 doing it dont cost anything and will be gettin the full money straight away.

thanks for all ur imput tho! will keep u posted on how it goes! first day out canvassing is monday night!

I cant see it working but good luck
how come? its like employing someone but without all the paperwork to that goes with it, plus we both have our own public and inusrance so if he did something he claims on his and it dont effect mine and vice verse.

i can see where you are all coming from tho.

proffit wont be down as i can do 20-25 houses myself and if he does the same that is 40-50 house in on day so really its the same money if you was working on your own!

paying for a canversser is ok, but to make your money back from that will take a couple of months, where as us 2 doing it dont cost anything and will be gettin the full money straight away.

thanks for all ur imput tho! will keep u posted on how it goes! first day out canvassing is monday night!
Its good for short term, you get your money fast. If you look at it long term though, it will take a few month to make your money back from paying the canvasser but after its done it all profit from there in.

Good luck with it though.

where with us going out to do it ourselfs it will all be profit from the start as we wont need to pay anyone, can cover more ground working in a pair so can quickly hit all the little villages and town areas and cover alot of ground. if one guy can cover say 50 houses in an hour, we would be covering 100 an hour.

Back