Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice On Starting Up Please

bluemoon

hi i am looking to start my own wfp business. i know the basics of what i need ie: van, tank in van, resin filter(large 11 i think?), pump, controller unit, battery, hose & reel and couple gardiner poles. not sure on how go about getting water pure enough. thought of having 2 more large resin filters at home to fill either containers or larger tank to then transfer to van? would this make my water pure enough (0ppm)? any ideas to make this easier or quicker would be most appreciated. thank you.

1 x 11 litre resin filled container will make 0ppm water, but how long the resin will last, depends on the water input tds (total disolved solids).

if you are medium or high tds you will be better off using an RO filter before the resin container to bring down tds before you polish the last bit off with resin.

thanks for reply. Looked into it bit more and am going to use 28 litre resin filter in my van, and just thought would be easier to use a couple of smaller ones at home rather than use RO. The water here (south east) is quite bad i think but dont know exactly. Also i dont think i will be doing lots and lots of water to start so again thought that resin might be best? RO sounded bit complicated.

thanks for reply. Looked into it bit more and am going to use 28 litre resin filter in my van, and just thought would be easier to use a couple of smaller ones at home rather than use RO. The water here (south east) is quite bad i think but dont know exactly. Also i dont think i will be doing lots and lots of water to start so again thought that resin might be best? RO sounded bit complicated.
south east the map says hard to very hard 200ppm +, if your producing a lot of water per week, resin will cost you a fortune, you`ll need an RO.Buy a tds meter and find out, then use a tds calculator to find the cost per month in resin.. gardiner pole systems have one at their site.

thanks again, didn't realise it would be quite that high (ppm) !! Any thoughts on what best RO system to use and where i would get all the parts from? I could then just fill large tank in garden that would last 3 or 4 days and then transfer to van when needed?

pure freedom is your best bet for an ro system and a 10inch di cartdridge really easy to set up they even have a video explaining how to do it

I would buy the parts separately, and fit it together yourself (if you are diy minded, it will keep the price down) others charge 7 800 quid ready to use.

4040 ro 200-250 quid

housing 150

some 10 inch housing if you buy pentek (quality) 30 quid each

small di vessel 30-50 quid

few fittings.

500 max for a good set up.

thanks taylormade, looked at pure freedom and they selling RO kit for £177 inc VAT. Why the difference in price compared to DIY? Is the quality not there with pure freedom? Think i could make it myself but is the increased cost worth it or does that price include other things i might have forgotten or things i thought i needed anyway and could do without? Sorry to sound like idiot but getting the water pure is critical and i want to keep cost and time down to a minimum. Thanks again

I agree with above but as you are just setting up might be worth going down di vessel way as it is cheap just to make sure you get on with it

go onto you tube and type:-

how to set up a pure freedom reverse osmosis system

and watch the vid its dead easy that's what made me buy theres (that and the fact its 5 mins away from my house)

I agree with above but as you are just setting up might be worth going down di vessel way as it is cheap just to make sure you get on with it
thank you, will look into the di route as this looks the quickest and cheapest option. Thank you again

thanks taylormade, looked at pure freedom and they selling RO kit for £177 inc VAT. Why the difference in price compared to DIY? Is the quality not there with pure freedom? Think i could make it myself but is the increased cost worth it or does that price include other things i might have forgotten or things i thought i needed anyway and could do without? Sorry to sound like idiot but getting the water pure is critical and i want to keep cost and time down to a minimum. Thanks again
Not seen this RO kit, but if you want a lot of pure water, they are rated at gallons or litres per day.. it will probably be a lot slower at producing large amounts of water. ( I run a dual 4040 but have a 900 litre tank in the van so need fast filling times as i do not have a static tank.

Not seen this RO kit, but if you want a lot of pure water, they are rated at gallons or litres per day.. it will probably be a lot slower at producing large amounts of water. ( I run a dual 4040 but have a 900 litre tank in the van so need fast filling times as i do not have a static tank.

the Ro your talking about is a 300gpd, would take 8 hours at maximum performance to fill 500lt tank. 1x4040 is 2400gpd 2 hours to fill 500lt

Back