Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone tried this kind of advertising?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ks789

Got a call from the local independent cinema/restaurant today. They are issuing a magazine/brochure with whats on there, and trying to get local businesses to advertise in there. Its £10 a week for 26 weeks so £260 all in, which I thought steep, but includes 4 free admissions to the cinema a month which if you were a regular attendee would pay for itself. I used to have an add in a local free magazine which was delivered to all the local houses, got some custom off that, but im not sure id get any of this. Anyone done similar? 

If nothing else, id get to see a lot of great films on the big screen I guess ? ? ? ?️ ?

Spend that on fb leads and you'll get more work even now in fb saturated advertising times. 

Spend it on your website. 

Make a google biz page and get Chris off legit to throw links to that page. 

Get a citation burst done by bright local for less. It will help your site a lot. 

Or pay a pro off legit.com or people per hour to make you a few min video for less. Use that on fb biz page etc

Basically other ways would work better In my humble opinion 

Spend that on fb leads and you'll get more work even now in fb saturated advertising times. 

Spend it on your website. 

Make a google biz page and get Chris off legit to throw links to that page. 

Get a citation burst done by bright local for less. It will help your site a lot. 

Or pay a pro off legit.com or people per hour to make you a few min video for less. Use that on fb biz page etc

Basically other ways would work better In my humble opinion 
Yeh I really should do facebook. I deleted myself off it years ago, before id started this current business, because of certain so called friends who werent really. Thats the only thing puts me off. But im thinking to use it purely for business if possible.

Yeh I really should do facebook. I deleted myself off it years ago, before id started this current business, because of certain so called friends who werent really. Thats the only thing puts me off. But im thinking to use it purely for business if possible.
Its worth it for sure. A good way to hit buy and sell sites or boost posts or lead generation forms. Also to run competitions (they can blow up proper good) etc

Its worth it for sure. A good way to hit buy and sell sites or boost posts or lead generation forms. Also to run competitions (they can blow up proper good) etc
Gotta be worth a go. Give me something to do on these washout days, sort out a proper web site etc. been meaning to do it a while really. 

Got a call from the local independent cinema/restaurant today. They are issuing a magazine/brochure with whats on there, and trying to get local businesses to advertise in there. Its £10 a week for 26 weeks so £260 all in, which I thought steep, but includes 4 free admissions to the cinema a month which if you were a regular attendee would pay for itself. I used to have an add in a local free magazine which was delivered to all the local houses, got some custom off that, but im not sure id get any of this. Anyone done similar? 

If nothing else, id get to see a lot of great films on the big screen I guess ? ? ? ?️ ?
Did you figure out they are just selling cinema seats. The brochures just end up in the bin unread along with the other couple kilos junk mail people get each week, they know this.

Every suggestion posted here would be a better use of your hard earned money.

Did you figure out they are just selling cinema seats. The brochures just end up in the bin unread along with the other couple kilos junk mail people get each week, they know this.

Every suggestion posted here would be a better use of your hard earned money.
Ive not taken them up on it and dont think I will. But this other local free mag that gets delivered I will be re-advertising in, as I have got a fair bit of custom from it and it more than paid for itself.

proberly be like all advertizing, you might get acouple equires from it or nothing. only one way to find out in the end. theres no magic with advertising. if it only cost u 50 quid to find secure a customer ur doing alrite.   trouble with facebook is secound someone posts there looking for window cleaning within 5 minutes there bombarded with 50 people all offering it.  first in with the cheapest quote wins it.  there normaly the biggest time waisters too. just want a one off for buttons. or there in the middle of nowhere and still only want to pay in buttons. 

proberly be like all advertizing, you might get acouple equires from it or nothing. only one way to find out in the end. theres no magic with advertising. if it only cost u 50 quid to find secure a customer ur doing alrite.   trouble with facebook is secound someone posts there looking for window cleaning within 5 minutes there bombarded with 50 people all offering it.  first in with the cheapest quote wins it.  there normaly the biggest time waisters too. just want a one off for buttons. or there in the middle of nowhere and still only want to pay in buttons. 
one Ive been very pleased with was an add in a parish magazine. Admittedly, its a little out the way, but it was only about £30 for the add to go in 6 monthly editions and Ive got about 10 customers from it, some of which are quite big jobs, couple of £30, one is £80. The drive out there aint too bad either, as its in the sticks, no traffic trouble. I thought i'd give it a go, as the urban areas round here are saturated with cleaners.

In my opinion magazines/leaflets/the printed word in general has never worked for us. It had its day long ago. Most end up in the recycle bin.

with the exception of business cards, a lot of people still value these and having all your services listed on there will bring in ad ons for sure. We issue one to every regular customer whenever prices go up. Also so many people walk up & ask for one.

But online is by far the dominant player. Up selling ad ons often works for me too. If i have an existing customer and i can clearly see that the gutters need attention/driveway needs doing etc i mention it to them and quite often they take me up on it, if not straight away then down the line a few months. Organic work is best (recommendation) or walk ups in the street, as its all free

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion magazines/leaflets/the printed word in general has never worked for us. It had its day long ago. Most end up in the recycle bin.

online is by far the dominant player. Up selling ad ons often works for me too. If i have an existing customer and i can clearly see that the gutters need attention/driveway needs doing etc i mention it to them and quite often they take me up on it, if not straight away then down the line a few months. Organic work is best (recommendation) or walk ups in the street, as its all free
I will try it out just to see. All mine so far have been flyers, adds in a local free magazine and recommendation from others. Oh yeh, and not forgetting the pub. Got a good few from there ?

Back