Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladder mitts or ladder pad

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Unless I'm thinking about the wrong items, why not get both? They're at different ends of the ladder and fulfil different roles.

I have mitts (top of ladder) and felt that they fulfilled two roles. Firstly to protect customers and secondly and maybe more importantly helps prevent sidewise slip on shiny sills. I no longer use them as now when I use a ladder it is for gutter clearing and then I use a stand off.

I don't use them as i use the micro standoff which is the only thing in contact with the wall or sill

I have mitts (top of ladder) and felt that they fulfilled two roles. Firstly to protect customers and secondly and maybe more importantly helps prevent sidewise slip on shiny sills. I no longer use them as now when I use a ladder it is for gutter clearing and then I use a stand off.

That what I want.

i should of been more clear, I normally have two old scrim on top of the ladder to protect the customers properties

I just don't like mitts and wouldn't trust rubber on pvc in the wet

This standoff is small and light and has lots of uses

it sits on the wall or on sills

I even use it like a microlite as in the pic when i needed to sit it on a flat roof to clean the pvc

It is ok on gutter jobs sometimes when i can't be bothered to get the microlite out and swap it

View attachment 3745

View attachment 3746

Hey daveyboy1

Sorry if this is a stupidest Qs ever but I just want to be sure of something before getting myself a micro stand off this week.

I am leaning towards micro stand off because I want to get into guttering sometime in future so I thinking i might as well get myself a mirco stand off for window cleaning (on wall and sills) for now rather than compact saving myself money in the long run but is compact stand off better than mirco stand off for window cleaning or there isnt no real different betweens the two for window cleaning?

Like i said it probably the stupidest Qs ever but am asking cos u got both...and it expensive.

Thanks

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Microlite isn't useful for windows imo

You would have to extend the ladder above the roofline for every ladder placement or grow long arms to reach the glass

I wouldn't be without the compact nowadays

I use mine on some roofs when i know i can and can't be arsed to swap them but microlite is the only one hse rated to do it

If i am doing windows and i get a window where i would be resting ladders on the gutter or the fascia i use the micro to sit on the roof as it saves the gutter or fascia collapsing and makes you a lot safer

If i am specifically going to a gutter job i will take the microlite but i have done a lot of 1 off gutter jobs on the spur of the moment using the compact

That the thing, I got a few jobs like you just said there are windows I would need to be resting on gutter and fascia which I don't want to do which got me thinking micro might be best but It only a few windows

I still gonna go for compact for now and hopefully a cheaper micro turn up on eBay one day. The cheaper one I can find on eBay is £ 300... Feck that!

Back