Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

people with money

mark

long story!!a while back i picked up three very large properties.i priced them high because of the work involved.anway all three were happy with the price,until I got a phone call from the middle house on the evening(hes supposed to be a pro footballer)hes not happy with the price:eek:& wants YES a few quid knocking off the price.i agreed reluctantly because I wanted to keep all three.anway last month started cleaning all three as usual.he turns up in his white 4x4,"can you wipe the water off,i dont want it left on the windows".NO I say.WHY-hes like a spoiled little baby who doesn't like being questioned,every time I go hes got people running around after him, having work done on his new property.any way turned up today!! there he was in his suit talking yet to more workers(two vans ready to put blinds through out his home:zzz:)he could see me.i rang the buzzer on the gate,no reply,rang again,no reply.so shouted DO YOU WANT THE WINDOWS CLEANING OR NOT????of course I do he said.WHAT DO YOU MEAN OR WHAT?i shouted we have been her ages mate!!!I drove off in the end,SOME people with money simply don't give a toss.

Drop him but do either side. If you think he's a ****, the neighbours will already know he is.

Which area Mark

I don't blame you for driving off mate. I'd have done the same.

Speaking of people with money, I was contacted by one of my wife's clients who wanted a quote. I called round as arranged and spoke to the husband. Nice three storey house, two nice cars both with personalised number plates. I checked the house price once I got home and it last sold for £450k seven years ago so it's worth well over half a million quid.

The guy tells me that he sacked his last window cleaner because he kept walking on his glass conservatory roof and couldn't reach the top windows.

I asked how much the last guy was charging and he told me. I can't remember exactly what it was but I do remember that the price I quoted was exactly double what the last guy was charging.

The bloke looked at me, shook his head and said "it's too much, I'll just put up with them being dirty".

I told him that the last guy was charging X amount but was only doing half the windows. I was charging Y amount and would clean ALL the windows AND I wouldn't walk on his conservatory roof.

He wouldn't have it and I wasn't going to drop my price so I just left him to it.

I think some people either don't value our work or they're not as flush as they come across. Everything's on finance and they don't have much disposable income. It's all about outwards appearances to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Iv had a few spoiled baby's to deal with @mark the worse thing you can do is bend to them, makes them worse, they will have you picking up their dry cleaning before you know it and a pint of semi from the corner shop.. Stand your ground. Will come back tail between legs, if not we will get @Green Pro Clean Ltd to put him over his knee and give him a good old public spanking.

yes I will do either side,hes a control freek(only a young bloke,someone who you would see on the only way is essex:zzz:in love with himself

I don't blame you for driving off mate. I'd have done the same.
Speaking of people with money, I was contacted by one of my wife's clients who wanted a quote. I called round as arranged and spoke to the husband. Nice three storey house, two nice cars both with personalised number plates. I checked the house price once I got home and it last sold for £450k seven years ago so it's worth well over half a million quid.

The guy tells me that he sacked his last window cleaner because he kept walking on his glass conservatory roof and couldn't reach the top windows.

I asked how much the last guy was charging and he told me. I can't remember exactly what it was but I do remember that the price I quoted was exactly double what the last guy was charging.

The bloke looked at me, shook his head and said "it's too much, I'll just put up with them being dirty".

I told him that the last guy was charging X amount but was only doing half the windows. I was charging Y amount and would clean ALL the windows AND I wouldn't walk on his conservatory roof.

He wouldn't have it and I wasn't going to drop my price so I just left him to it.

I think some people either don't value our work or they're not as flush as they come across. Everything's on finance and they don't have much disposable income. It's all about outwards appearances to them.

Where was that mate?

I'll quote him triple

Your favourite street. Cleveland Way.

I'm up to 31 houses there now mate

My best street in town

I've often found that people with flash houses and flash cars are the worst window cleaning customers.

They have everything on tick and are mortgaged up to thier **** and £20 for the windows means the credit card ain't getting paid this month.

I like good old council houses where the people bought them half price and really appreciate you doing a good job and pay every month.

The ones I hate are the people that have a house in London and a house in the country, Range Rover, mustard coloured cords and like to treat you as a peasant.

I've often found that people with flash houses and flash cars are the worst window cleaning customers.They have everything on tick and are mortgaged up to thier **** and £20 for the windows means the credit card ain't getting paid this month.

I like good old council houses where the people bought them half price and really appreciate you doing a good job and pay every month.

The ones I hate are the people that have a house in London and a house in the country, Range Rover, mustard coloured cords and like to treat you as a peasant.
I've read a few comments now on how the big gaffs are the worst customers. I cover mostly affluent areas where virtually every house is over a million quid, and don't have any problems.

I think there's a big difference between being posh and being stuck up. If they speak to us with any condescending attitudes, then were off, but it hardly ever happens

It varies so much. I've had good and bad, but I generally prefer folk in more modest houses. I can happily ditch a posho if they get snooty.

Back