Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

50Ft +

WCF

Help Support WCF:

derek

I'm due to get word on a big contract for flats tomorrow.

Definetley going to need a pole 50ft +!!

I know the windy doing them just now and he's got a 57ft pole which was forsale but i missed by a few days /emoticons/sad.png

So what sort of price am i looking at for say a 50+ ft pole second hand ? and is ebay going to be my best bet ??

Cheers

ebay is the best bet, but lots of them are taken off early due to people sending offers to the people, so if you get the contract send offers direct to the guys! we lost out on a few due to this happening!

Cheers guys, basically been told I have the contract! but have until just after new year to find a bloody pole! no chance I'm buying new /emoticons/ohmy.png

My advise would be get the lightest pole on the market at that height. Don't worry about costs as weight is a huge factor and how long you can keep holding a pole at that height !!!

That's got to be bloody hard work washing windows at that height doug. Do you think it worth it in terms of investment as some charge as little as 50p a window on commercial work?

I wouldn't get out of bed for 50p a window, more like £3-£4 a window at that height.

You have to get your money back plus profit in what you have invested and has to be included into the costs. Cannot understand why someone would invest £1k on a pole and it then takes a couple of years to see a return on it.

I would like to see a return within 4/5 months.

I wouldn't get out of bed for 50p a window, more like £3-£4 a window at that height.
You have to get your money back plus profit in what you have invested and has to be included into the costs. Cannot understand why someone would invest £1k on a pole and it then takes a couple of years to see a return on it.

I would like to see a return within 4/5 months.
£3-4 a window /emoticons/ohmy.png

Surly not? You'll get undercut on almost every job!!!

Many moons ago when I used to do ladder work I did start out with the 50p rule most locally window cleaners used. Then I realised that the money I was earning would not feed my family.

So I went back to how I priced jobs in my old employment. Going up a ladder and cleaning a window would take longer than a window downstairs. So my pricing structure would be £1.50 top window £0.75 bottom window. Then there were added prices for obstacles , 50p per obstacle, unlocking gates etc..

I now price how long it will take me to clean based on what hourly rate I want to earn.

For commercial same again but travelling time added and if a certain pole was required then that price would be added into the quote. The price of equipment would be spread over the year. Price for windows would also be the same 5th Floor £4/5 a window, 4th floor £3.00 a window and so on.

This is how a lot of commercial firms do their pricing.

Where you get the very low rate is if they are in the area and are looking to fill a full working day for their staff they will then canvass and offer a lower price as you said Smurf some will offer 50p just to keep their staff in that same town the whole day.

£3-4 a window /emoticons/ohmy.png
Surly not? You'll get undercut on almost every job!!!
When your working at such an height £4-5 per window "is" the going rate. I charge the exact same on a couple of mills that I clean. Let's face it, your not going to see a trad chap with ladders going up that height....

Lower windows obviously we wouldn't charge that type of rate. You only charge it for the very top windows, and maybe the next floor down depending on how high it is!

£3-4 a window /emoticons/ohmy.pngSurly not? You'll get undercut on almost every job!!!

When your working at such an height £4-5 per window "is" the going rate. I charge the exact same on a couple of mills that I clean. Let's face it, your not going to see a trad chap with ladders going up that height....
Ill be there with my 4 Harris poles duct tape together /emoticons/smile.png lol

i think the £1 a window on a house is good going i used to think when i 1st read on here about guys charging that i though they meant every window on house lol.

£1 living room window and say 50p for landing windows or any small window.works out ok.

i normaly charge 80p a windows then round it to the nearest £ as i dont do all the 10.50 and £6.50 i like square numbers lol.

i think the £1 a window on a house is good going i used to think when i 1st read on here about guys charging that i though they meant every window on house lol.
£1 living room window and say 50p for landing windows or any small window.works out ok.

i normaly charge 80p a windows then round it to the nearest £ as i dont do all the 10.50 and £6.50 i like square numbers lol.
for commercial jobs i start from £1 to £5 depending on size ect

Back