Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Run out of doors to knock on

S

SolarPanelCleaning

Covered everywhere within 25 min radius of home, we're pretty rural so probably just a couple of thousand homes.

What next? Go round them all again? Or try leafleting? Want another 100 good customers....

Yeh tried Facebook and got nowt. Got fed up of people asking me to 'like' stuff. How rude is that? I can make my own mind up, whether it be like, dislike or the more usual indifferent. Narcissistic *****.

Facebook's not for me.

What's the success rate with flyers? I've heard rumours of .1%? Don't want to drive around for a week to get 5 jobs. It's easier for you town dwellers me thnks.

Yeh tried Facebook and got nowt. Got fed up of people asking me to 'like' stuff. How rude is that? I can make my own mind up, whether it be like, dislike or the more usual indifferent. Narcissistic *****.Facebook's not for me.

What's the success rate with flyers? I've heard rumours of .1%? Don't want to drive around for a week to get 5 jobs. It's easier for you town dwellers me thnks.
did you put special deals [with photos] on the facebook selling groups ?, well worth a go. if you got nowt first time around ,youve got to work out why -you didnt try hard enough to make it work is the usual reason . facebook is a whole lot easier than delivering flyers .

Don't be scared. People are friendly and quiet often bored and welcome a chat.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

if you need the money, you'll have no choice but rata tat tat.

Got my mrs into it now. Hopefully a pretty face will sway them.

People out here don't really use fb as much as elsewhere. Most of my customers are recently retired professionals, rich farmers, middle aged housewives. Just not the fb type. I could be wrong though.

Might try advertising parish magazines. I've been asked to clean a church. Hopefully the Lord will look on me favourably.......

want a tip

do the church for free outta the good of your heart but make sure the church goers know u do it for free as uel pick far more people up there

people like tht sorta thing

j

if you do go out leafletting, wear sleigh bells attached to your heels.[i saw a set of these in Poundland not long ago] you want to draw attention and theyd work a treat

, no skulking along the traditional way . possibly have a mini plastic ladder glued to your shoulder?[sold in pet shops for use in bird cages]

iv often thought that a mini siren / musical horn would be ideal to have wired in my van, under 5 MPH it starts to sound automatically perhaps - something sounding akin to an ice cream vans chimes rather than a bomb alert .

Last edited:
Look smart

Knock on the door with a big smile and say

Would you like your windows cleaned,

Some people prefer the personel touch

To a flyer

Good luck and keep at it .

Doing the church for nowt, it's tiny.

Might try the ice cream van sleigh bell ladder on shoulder approach. Look like the KLF. Travel the world in an ice cream van.......

Alteternatively just got back over everyone on different days and see who I've missed.

They say in the marketing world that one ad is not enough as people like to see regular ads say in local parish mags etc as proves they are not fly-by-nights after a quick buck.

Being a small area people tend to watch out for each other more so word of mouth recommendations would be the key. Try asking customers you already have to help you find more work as some are more than happy to recommend your services to others if they are please with the services you offer.

Regular soft sell approach like leaflet dropping, door knocking, advertising in the local mag, being active in the local community also can help make your firm well known in the area. The more satisfied customers you have the easier it will become to gain more work.

Also look at other services (revenue streams) that you can up sell to your existing customers as this is an easy way to increase your turnover.

how big a town are u in actually ??? another idea go to the town comitee and put yourself foward for volunteer work get yourself out there and you find wen ur helping others others help u . depending on how big it is u cud put urself forward for cleaning the road signs in town to give the place better kerb appeal. this one wud need more thought ie how big is the village and how much signs der be and its only gd if you have the van loookin gd all sign writing and that then people will see you doing it and there is a way to get out there

Not in a town. I stay away from them. Live on a village called peterchurch in horrorfordshire. Picked up four more today, but getting a little far. Nice views though.

I've got a mate who does the whole 'one man band' thing on the streets........like **** van dyke in mary poppins........no need to ring the doorbell when approaching with the leaflets :party:

Back