Approaching Commercial Clients

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by ex-jedi, Jan 18, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. ex-jedi

ex-jedi Guest

I was at the local Tesco uber-mega-hyper-biggie-store today and the windows were filthy (sorry if you clean the windows there, but if you do you need to take a long hard look at yourself!). Anyhow, I'm going to make an approach, and I'm also looking at getting some more commercial customers. Any suggestion as to the best way to introduce oneself?
  2. James

James Guru

Nov 2, 2011

1: Look smart (even if your a window cleaner), the manager/store manager won't take you seriously if you look scruffy.

2: Do your research on their company, I always research the company first and get a few tidy facts together. You can gain a companies respect in 5 minutes if you have the correct knowledge.

3. Act confident, if you can price jobs correctly and explain the methods you use with confidence, they will be more likely to give you the job.

4. If you employ staff, explain to the potential customer how you have trained them, i.e. health and safety etc. At this point its a good idea to explain any accreditations you have earned, for example, British Window Cleaning Academy or FWC.

5. SELL YOURSELF! This could be in many shapes and forms. I like to go into self confidence mode and tell the potential customer why I'm better than my compe***ors, it could be that my staff are IOSH Health & Safety trained and my compe***ors aren't. It's always good to know your compe***ion as well (just for these reasons).

If you follow these steps, I'm sure you will be fine.