Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shop Quote?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Poles Apart

Never really had them as regular work but got stopped by someone parked behind me at a service station after they saw my number on the van, they asked me how much to do a florist the job is only 1 mile away it's in a small row of about 5 and the only job I will have there so got to unload then load back up for 1 job so can't do it for nothing, was thinking a tenner weekly or 15 fortnightly.

I know from experience shop work is really low pay our business has been cleaning the local high street for 50 years around 40 shops every week they range from as little as £4.00 for a large window and door to £15.00 for large front and doors best thing is shops are rain or shine so always regular.

It might start with one shop. You could end up with the entire row and the shop owners houses and thier familys gaffs. Depends how busy you are I suppose. I wouldn't turn down anything at the momnent.

I do plenty of jobs that I only have 1 in a area, but like @Parky says that 1 job can and no doubt will lead to gaining more if you do a good job, presence is everything!

I disagree why would you want to work for a lower rate than you normally would just to be seen.

Quote a price you are happy with if its to high they will soon tell you,rember they approached you.

With shops it's a numbers game one on its own won't pay but get 10 or 20 and that's a nice mornings work.

Also depending what your local town or high street is like unless they are independent shops the chances of picking up more will be very rare ,nearly every major chain has gone national.

florists are a pain in the **** to do generally, they usually have loads of fragile displays in and outside of the windows meaning they need doing early doors... and then the internals are usually misted up from all the moisture and can be difficult to get a nice finish on...

Well done mate, as long as your happy with the price.

I'm waiting on word for a new Costa coffee that's nearly finished. Loads of big glass, priced £20 per clean and it's to be done fortnightly. Won't take any longer than 30-40 minutes per clean

Back