Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flowers

norm

Hi trads anyone got good tip for cleaning windows that have had plants/flowers smearing them for a year or two?

cheers

sounds good mate. Is there anything you would add to your ecover/soap to get rid of sticky **** bound to be on windows? Was thinking some vinegar maybe?

No not really, I don't use ecover though, original fairy all the way fro me if I'm doing trad work. Soap it up scrape it off then clean as normal.

Was thinking orig. fairy might be a bit better than ecover I usually use for cleaning these windows as they have not been cleaned a year or two

flash an ecover m8 best stuff i was a die hard fairy user but rearlised it left the window sticky an it dident clean as good as other suds ,ecover an white malt vinager is good to but flash is beta ,ive tried loads of suds an nuffen beats flash an ecover

Standard ecover? I'm running low on my 5l of fairy so might give it a go.
trust me m8 try ecover an flash its realy good i put to full cap fulls of flash all purpose cleaner with a small splash of ecover just anouth to give the bucket some bubbles less is more i think u dont get hardly any bleading frm rubbers ill never go bk to fairy again

I use ecover myself mate I like it but think I need a boost for x dirty windows flash could be the job

I thought I would throw this onto trad section to generate some discussion instead of looking at old posts, been quiet on here recently

He he thanks for the tip mate. Couple of stinking houses tomorrow to do going to give the flash a go and going to try original fairy/scraper as well as recommended by Eclipse.

Do a wee test between them and see how they go. I will tell yous how it goes tomorrow night

I generally find that where plants have been there are water marks so I use a Kilrock Limescale remover from B&Q it's a few quid but is good to spray onto the window and scrub. Could always give it a go.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Cheers mate have you tried viakal as Posh recommended?

Just back from Sainsbury buying flash all purpose to try and seen viakal is that similar to the kilrock you use?

Read the warning signs on it do you have to take special care using this stuff,mentions acidic would it damage rubbers,frames ?

cheers Masons

Cant get the hold of Viakal Posh but when I do whats best way to use it?
I bought it from tescos for a quid. My other half is a cleaner & she uses it on bath & sink taps. She tried it on a scaley shower glass once & it came up brill. I had a house that had scaley marks on it from a rose bush. I sprayed it on & left it for 30 secs & wiped it & it was great. Use it also where people water there plants & mark the windows. Also I use a soft Brillo pad for the extra clean. Been using it for ages now & rubber seals are fine.

Dead on mate did a house today with window plants/flowers think they hadnt been cleaned since I was at school.

Used flash/ecover but it struggled with the gunk left by flowers/plants I think viakal sounds like handy bit of kit for these types of jobs.

Thanks for the info Posh

Back