Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rainwater to waterbutt

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Shirley your not gonna collect that much rain water from a shed roof?
Did you never see polzn bladz water but set up?

Can't remember how many but more than 6 all linked so as one gets to the top the next one fills

All from a metal garage roof

You'd be surprised how much water will collect from a reasonable sized shed roof

And don't call me shirley

As @daveyboy1 said you'd be surprised. I emptied it 2 weeks ago & it was full up this morning. Does it matter how much it collects. It's all free & come off at between 7 & 13ppm so can run it through pretty quick. Collected just under 200 litres this morning all buck shee.

Did you never see polzn bladz water but set up?Can't remember how many but more than 6 all linked so as one gets to the top the next one fills

All from a metal garage roof

You'd be surprised how much water will collect from a reasonable sized shed roof

And don't call me shirley
No problem Shirley, errrrr I mean Dave? Be great to collect rainwater as it has a ppm of about 4 although there must be a lot of **** in that blokes water doesn't seem to have a filter of somekind?

Polzn bladz uses a filter made of socks on the end of the gutter pipe to remove ant big particles..also cleans metal roof regularly

Comes out under 10 ppm and then straight through di

The colour of it don't matter as comes out the other end pure

And I have a filter Mage of old tights on the end of the pipe just before it goes in the water butt which I change once a month.

Anything else you wanna knock about it.

Can you not just ask rather then criticise everything.

Polzn bladz uses a filter made of socks on the end of the gutter pipe to remove ant big particles..also cleans metal roof regularlyComes out under 10 ppm and then straight through di

The colour of it don't matter as comes out the other end pure
I'm getting a metal shed soon as mines ****** have seen pictures of collected rainwater an it looks dirty how does DI make it clean?

Mine before it goes throught into the butt hits the filter then I got a couples of handfuls of resin in the funnel just before it goes into the butt so it's pretty pure before it comes out.

If the roof is kept clean it comes off quite clean

The through di

Job done

My.shed is as big as a garage and the roof is leaking

When i sort it i may try it out

And I have a filter Mage of old tights on the end of the pipe just before it goes in the water butt which I change once a month.Anything else you wanna knock about it.

Can you not just ask rather then criticise everything.
Do you always have enough pairs of your tights available posh? /emoticons/biggrin.png

David what pump do you use to get the water from the Inc to the van ? Submersible ?
Correct Leicester !

Just a small sub pump that lifts around 63 ltrs /min . And then about 10 mtr hose to the outside on the street . Great solution and i Got the ibc tank for free at a furniture manufacturer , just a little cleaning and i was good to go and receive lots of free quality water /emoticons/smile.png

Correct Leicester !Just a small sub pump that lifts around 63 ltrs /min . And then about 10 mtr hose to the outside on the street . Great solution and i Got the ibc tank for free at a furniture manufacturer , just a little cleaning and i was good to go and receive lots of free quality water :)
This cost about 16 pounds in dk !

View attachment 5899

Back