Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure Water Heaters

WCF

Help Support WCF:

dth

Does anybody on the forum have the diesel water heater by purefreedom or heatwave.

Any chance of getting a picture of it.

Thanks.

Martin.

if you google image it something should come up,

we are just working on a new and improved hot water system, hoping to bring it to market mid april.

No but hotwash uses something simular and think one or two may use ionic thermapure too

To be honest I can't see the justification on spending out thousands for one myself as a gas water heaters works just as well.

You can also make your own with all brand new parts for about half the cost as they are only webasto type water heaters in a box.

To be honest I can't see the justification on spending out thousands for one myself as a gas water heaters works just as well.
You can also make your own with all brand new parts for about half the cost as they are only webasto type water heaters in a box.
Thats what im looking to do make one my self.

I have heat wave diesel heater, I will upload some photos tomorrow for you. Smurf your right it's a glorified webasto heater, simple heat exchanger and header tank, I was going to build one but I think I got a bargain price on mine. What do you want the pictures for as this will help me take the best pics for you. I would never go back to cold, Hot wash is the quickest and easiest and best way in my opinion.

You can source parts second hand, most bmw have the right webasto heater, header tank around 20 pounds, heat exchanger 30 pounds, handful connectors etc. Cheap as chips, if you look up diesel water heater on you tube you will get the idea.

I have heat wave diesel heater, I will upload some photos tomorrow for you. Smurf your right it's a glorified webasto heater, simple heat exchanger and header tank, I was going to build one but I think I got a bargain price on mine. What do you want the pictures for as this will help me take the best pics for you. I would never go back to cold, Hot wash is the quickest and easiest and best way in my opinion.
I was looking for pictures of the inside of the Heater so i can see what type of webasto water heater it is and what type of Heat exchange i need, them pictures would be ace. Cheers /emoticons/smile.png/emoticons/smile.png
I agree mate hot was is a lot easier specially on first cleans.

Watch with Webasto Thermo Top units. You are looking for the one that has an analogue controller - something that comes off a yacht for example. If you buy second hand, most are canbus controlled and car specific. I bought a BMW unit which doesn't work. Someone told me that the units that have come out of Rover diesels are OK but I don't know for sure.

Webasto want much more than £20 for a header tank. Please tell us what header tank you have found.

attachicon.gif
Diesel Hot water system .jpg
Cheers for that spruce, i think im going to have a go at putting one together my self. /emoticons/smile.png/emoticons/smile.png/emoticons/smile.png

We are talking about diy type system, so thinking out side of the box, let's say one from a car cooling system, which probably means that it can take very hot water and also be very cheap to purchase. If you want the heat exchanger, most domestic boiler ones are suitable for the diy system. You can do it for less than 300 if you really think about it.

The problem with diesel heaters is that they cycle if they don't work hard enough. The P/F unit has a 12 litre plasic header tank. It isn't full of water but will hold around 8 or 9 litres. This acts as a heat store. A normal car header tank doesn't hold enough water for this application.

If the unit reaches temperature and switches off, it will have to restart in a few minutes to heat the water up again. This stop start drains the battery - the unit can draw up to 15 amps for short periods to get it all fired up - and cokes the starter coil with carbon and soot.

I'm told the later PF units follow along the lines of the Ionics units who keep water flowing through the heat exchanger and diverting the excess into the tank. The pumps run full time and a pressure relief valve diverts the water when you switch your pole tap off.

Over the years these little 'cabbie' heaters have been very reliable in their designed application. But in the window cleaning environment they haven't been as reliable. IMHO the 5kw Thermo Top is too big for our application - if they would work at full performance for a longer period they would be more reliable.

It appears to me that WPF suppliers are now fitting the more reliable (or it was) 9kw heater which produces more heat for the same amount of fuel used, but there have been a number of failures reported on the forums with regard to these 'better' heaters. I believe they are going the wrong way size wise.

Back