Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter Brush Installation

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jack09

Hi,

Not sure if its been posted already but I was trying to see if anyone has installed gutter brushes and if so how much were they charging per metre?

I might start asking my customers if they would consider it?

Cheers

I get asked quite a bit if there is something to stop moss etc blocking up guttering so I've looked into this myself but to be honest gutter brush and other type gutter guard products don't work that well and still require to be maintained.

Hence why I decided against installing these types of products but I do install gutter balloons if asked to help stop downspout bends getting blocked which unblocking them is a pet hate of mine.

On the gutter maintenance side of things for me It's far easier to clear gutters out by hand or use a guttevac than having to take out products like that each time to clean it first then the guttering and have to put it back again especially on 2 storey work and awkward jobs like above conservatories etc.

After saying that from my experience most gutter jobs that I have cleared with these type products in them customers do not want the product put back in again as they realise they are not maintenance free and costs them more to do each time.

Regarding cost to fit would all depend I suppose on how awkward the job is and if you need to use other access equipment or not if you can't for some reason install from ladders. As a rough guide on labour costs I would say whatever you want to earn per hour and how long do you think it will it take to do. Would also consider the risk involved which should be factored into the cost of installing too.

Back