Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stop being tight!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

AGlassAct

Thought I would share a funny DIY disaster from today. I was trying to save a bit of money and modify an Ionics linear resin filter so I could replace the resin myself - I think it's sacrilege to spend £90 odd for just over 4 litres of resin.

Anyway I thought I could use a McAlpine soil pipe adaptor to make an opening so I can funnel resin back in when it's 'expired'

As you can see from the picture below - the pressure test didn't go too well, think I'm deaf in one ear it went off like a gun and it was only mains (55psi)

9d052eecc1f02d1b3673fd0d0f00bd58.jpg

Think I will stick to the upright vessel!!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

LOL AGlassAct. I have a resin vessel after the Ionics one in my van because i was not going to pay those

prices any more for resin.

So far i have 3 changes in a year and have one more left in the bag of resin.

Price for a bag of resin and the vessel was about £120 and i will get four changes out of that

and next time i buy a bag then i won't need to buy a Vessel. I will save loads.

PS the resin filter is after the RO so no pressure. It would have worked great.

We have to try don't we!! I think it was a worthwhile test, I haven't used my RO yet as the rain is still topping my IBC tank up. I may give it another go at a later date when I have used the last two linear filters I have. I can see where it blew so assume the hole I cut wasn't clean enough. Watch this space.........

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back