Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New bloke, not a user.

oxleywolf

pure water engineer
Hi there,

I used to dream up, develop, engineer, manufacture and test all sorts of pure water equipment for a well known supplier.

Now my work does not take me near this stuff but it was one of the most interesting periods in my working life.

I worked with users and some very supportive suppliers, they had the most brilliant ideas, we just made them work.

Some even made it to the shelf and were sold to very satisfied customers.

Now we didn't pull everything off, some failures, some utterly laughable.

But sometimes we came up with a gem.

I suppose my point is, with water fed equipment, it's a very young industry, and cut throat.

This means it's driven, and by the best drivers... the folks who use this stuff

Cheers all

Oxley Wolf

OK here's a story.

Windy phones me up, got a problem mate I'm on MOD land and I can't bring in any pure water, or tanks, or bottles. ppm on site was chromosome changing stuff, stand pipe was 100m away from the job which was 90 meters in elevation from the pipe.

Ok first thought was a resin system, PPM say no, it would cane it too fast.

So with his help and a few trials I built a 12v mobile resinless double 21/21 RO purifier that pumped pure water up a 40ft pole that would fit in a berlingo when transported away...it was heavy with the water in!

we also developed a special single wide arc low pressure fan jet for the brush head.

I used the line pressure and a little sureflo pump to top up the RO pressure with some clever valvery and a controller made specially by Spring .

Well bingo! a good fan of 3-4 ppm pure gold achieved a fast rinse.

He made a ton of cash, so much so he employed a young lad to do the job on the MOD land

Nice eh?

Another?

OK chap comes in the workshop for a service to his little 600 gpd.

Starts moaning about how long it takes to fill 500L

So I suggested a booster, we looked around and found they were not cheap and not many if any ran on mains.

He was a nice chap but a bit tight (yeah we all know one)

Some head scratching took place and solved it methodically.

Bought a 10 amp 12V transformer of flea bay for £8

which then powered a controller

Which then controlled a pump

of which the last two he already had

We took the 34 psi line pressure to 85 psi with the pump, the water flooded forth and bonus feature resin usage dropped.

As we discovered the pump got hot after 4 hours continuous (yeah yeah not meant for that purpose, but it was within acceptable parameters), but not cut out hot, so another £15 got a sweet little heat sink for the pump

Job jobbed!

Latest Posts

Back