Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

homer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

norm

our rented house been getting damp round one wall and mould since we moved in a year ago

our landlady got somebody to clean her gutters and i offered to do them but he was already booked so i declined

he arrives and 10 mins later gone saying all clear

landlady kleens mould and few months later start coming back

landlady kleens mould gets roofing company to put vents in roof

mould starts coming back so landlady contacts roof company who come out and say contact insulation company to take insulation right to roof because so many vents could be causing cold spots

last week i help landlady to put in extra insulation and she mentions she will book same guy to clean her gutters

i offer my services and mention even though i charge more it will be done right

sod it this is long:rolleyes:

gutters today down spout rammed gutter rammed and on corner rammed to roof tiles so water nowhere to go

this is the area of damp in room hmm

rest of gutter bad as well

back gutter not bad but one downspout blocked

wondering is this a case of one non gutter clean causing this?

:zzz: keep awake everyone:laugh:

Full gutters and blocked downspouts wont help much @norm. From experience it's more likely you have a doddgy roof or maybe even the damp is caused by drying stuff in that room. I've even seen cavity wall instulaton cause damp too.

ah well @Smurf at least i dont own the house and got a paid job

feel sorry for landlady as she is nice and was hopeing the gutter clean would help

her roof is full of moss all over it could this cause damp maybe?

More like there are some damaged/broken tiles and/or split roofing felt.

How old is the house?

yeah i had offered to clean her roof but she said it was fragile and was afraid it would get damaged

Oh well it's the landlords responsibility to get it sorted but at least you made some money on the gutter clearing /emoticons/biggrin.png

Personally I would stay well clear @norm but you could always get a roofer mate to sub the work out too./emoticons/wink.png

yeah cant complain mate and still might get the roof clean

my mates a roofer and the problem sounds very similar to a job we did a few months ago when he went into the attic to have a look he noticed the felt stopped at the cavity wall, a few inchs missing, then felt into next doors attic when really the felt should be over lapping .just a thought and hope it gets sorted bud .

Back