Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sensing A Fear Of Approaching Commercials

RC its not complicated, its just confidence.
Nursing homes, residential, rest and retirement, Hotels, pubs/Inns/bars/golf clubs/schools " can I speak to the manager" dont ever tell the person who answers the phone what the call is about, just say "its a sales call, Ill call back later" 1. receptionist dosent make the decision, 2 you call back when the decision maker is there. Its only about talking to the person that makes the decision - not talking to the person that answers the phone - you just need to be a bit canny, its a sales call I will call again. Dont let the receptionist put you off, she /he dosent make the deciscion
I was talking in general, just saying what others may feel,

ive heard you can wait a little longer for payment. dunno how true this is?
true - I've got few , all of them r 'bad payers' - more then a month - still waiting ..

yep, its the chasing - all good and well commercial stuff, its just a devil to get money from them. They pay key suppliers first - stuff they cant do without, main suppliers that they need to operate their business - not nice, when you have to keep chasing. Major Brewery 3 months to pay - not good

yep, its the chasing - all good and well commercial stuff, its just a devil to get money from them. They pay key suppliers first - stuff they cant do without, main suppliers that they need to operate their business - not nice, when you have to keep chasing. Major Brewery 3 months to pay - not good
so far i have been very lucky with all mine, local small business invoice at the end of the month and they pay withing a week,

and my big one pays with-in 20-30 days of invoice.

Thats good RC. 3 months with this major brewery, the larger they are I think the worse they are

With all commercial job's either one off's or ongoing at the bottom of the invoice I always put... And yes it is in red so they can't say they didn't see it.

TERMS

Payment on receipt of invoice all cheques payable to ....

Generally payment is forth coming quicker than giving 30 day's, give it a go... /emoticons/smile.png

PS. when quoting I always put this in the terms.

With all commercial job's either one off's or ongoing at the bottom of the invoice I always put... And yes it is in red so they can't say they didn't see it.

TERMS

Generally payment is forth coming quicker than giving 30 day's, give it a go... /emoticons/smile.png

That works on the smaller commercial ones, but the big companies they always pay within 30 as its how they work,

TERMS

lol i put payment within 7 days ONLY in red on my invoices and domestic custys dont care. i got one person who owes me £40 and shes just full of excuses, i wanna drop her but its a simple job to do and only takes me 40 mins.

lol i put payment within 7 days ONLY in red on my invoices and domestic custys dont care. i got one person who owes me £40 and shes just full of excuses, i wanna drop her but its a simple job to do and only takes me 40 mins.
I got 14day payment otherwise later payment charge is added, on my domestic in black, and non owe me money, they all pay within the time scale.

Maybe it's just how people are in different areas,

i always put 7 on mine but i never ever get my money, its always the rich ppl who are bad payers, i find oaps and norm ppl pay right away in cash or instant online banking. i just sent a snotty letter in red writing to my custy who owed me 40 quid 2 weeks ago. theres no need for it. if her boss said i aint paying you today coz i wanna go to the pub or go shopping she would have a fit, why is it any different to us??? is it coz were just lowly window cleaners in there eyes.

Churchs and or places of worship are good ones to do, mostly pay up on time, and they always have the money!

Yer I know it's a joke why people put off paying us, they asked for the service so should pay in a reasonable time scale.

No it's not to late to put it on, i only put a £5 late payment charge on. Only had to enforced it once,

Yer I know it's a joke why people put off paying us, they asked for the service so should pay in a reasonable time scale.
No it's not to late to put it on, i only put a £5 late payment charge on. Only had to enforced it once,
hahaha when i first started out i charged a 3£ late payment and lost 8 customers because of it. they wouldnt pay me on time and the way i did it was £3 for late payment then another £3 per week it was late. one woman only owed me for her windows at £11 and her bill after a month of oweing me money was £23. she had a go at me saying trading standards should be looking at my business because im ripping ppl off. i said my family needs food on the table, im running a business not a charity and thats where she said i dont like your tone so i want to cancel as of now. haha ive learnt lots along the way tho

Right polava, because this job had to be a nominated supplier, all the paperwork has to go to head office, which they then duly lost

Right polava, because this job had to be a nominated supplier, all the paperwork has to go to head office, which they then duly lost
Yer nightmare, With my large one that I deal with it have to post it to my point of contact in the company, then she has to pass it onto credit control then they have to approve payment into my bank, but for the total yearly price I don't mind waiting the 20-30 day's for payment!

Back