Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wax/Polish for alluminium frames?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

J

Jon Grainger

Hi guys

I have been asked to quote for a series of office and industrial units, which the landlord wants cleaned once a year.

Around 50% of the windows are alluminium which is then painted or powder coated. He told me, that the installers recommended cleaning them with a car cleaning shampoo as that cleans, but also leaves a thin film of wax which protects the paint.

I see what he is saying, but this is something I have not heard of before. Because the installers have recommended this, he wants some kind of protective coat. Is there anything on the market which could be applied to do this job?

I am WFP, but will be done end of May time, so I am thinking of letting the Windows dry and then applying said polish with a cloth and buffing?

Please advise

Jon

Hi guysI have been asked to quote for a series of office and industrial units, which the landlord wants cleaned once a year.

Around 50% of the windows are alluminium which is then painted or powder coated. He told me, that the installers recommended cleaning them with a car cleaning shampoo as that cleans, but also leaves a thin film of wax which protects the paint.

I see what he is saying, but this is something I have not heard of before. Because the installers have recommended this, he wants some kind of protective coat. Is there anything on the market which could be applied to do this job?

I am WFP, but will be done end of May time, so I am thinking of letting the Windows dry and then applying said polish with a cloth and buffing?

Please advise

Jon
Don't you just love architects. Still amazes me that they design buildings with little or no thought as to long term upkeep and maintenance of it. Seems similar to what window fitters are no doing, spraying PTFE all over the frames, makes a right mess and such a hassle to get of the glass. They get this idea of protecting the frames but in practice it doesn't work..

Purple rhino cleaning do a lot of this I think they may have a couple of videos on there site or YouTube.

With any car cleaning wax or polish you risk getting it on glass with isn't always easy to remove.

Back