Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I'm allowed in here now

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
Goty first pole and brush today

Only cheap bayersan 30ft and brush but was free off a mate who bought it and then found a good deal on a decent pole so only used it a couple of times..oh well.better than a banana i suppose

Did a fascia clean with it and came up great although i reckon i need a better suited brush for fascias

Forgot to take my phone so no pics aaaw

Just need to sort a trolley and ro and my journey to the darkside will be completeView attachment 4929

Nice one, and I think that "is" a banana, just a different colour, looks almost identical to me....

Look at the pic..i know it was tap water and i had to squeegee the glass after but my front room frame came up well with it

Amazing how much **** is stuck in the join between frame and sill

Look at the pic..i know it was tap water and i had to squeegee the glass after but my front room frame came up well with itAmazing how much **** is stuck in the join between frame and sill
Yeah that sucks, carry a rag with you and wipe the bad ones afterwards, you will find after a couple of cleans, especially if you give it a good clean first time it clears up and water comes out the bottom clear.

I reckon about a month till i have everything but i know that if any first cleans in the meantime have a tap i will be doing them with this and then squeegee the glass after

Reckon it will be a lot quicker than scrubbing dirty frames by hand....of course i will have to charge extra for this service or it will be a normal quick wipe with a cloth

I have a sill brush, so what I do is angle the brush so the edge of it slips underneath the window if that makes sense and give it a good scrubbing forst clean.

What's the difference with brushes?

Do you use sill brush for the glass too?

What I say if the frames are really bad is that they will be a work in progress and will be totally clean after a couple of cleans, either that or pay me extra and I will get them perfect first time.

I also mention that if the frames are really bad you "might" get a few dirty drips after I have gone, every single customer has been happy with this, they aren't stupid they know their windows and frames are filthy.

What's the difference with brushes?Do you use sill brush for the glass too?
Yeah I use it for everything. Its the same brush but on and angle so you can run it along the sill easier at the end.

Even with tap water my windows came up very clean..hadn't been done for a week lol and only took a quick scrub rinse then squeegee

I can see how it would be great on maintenance jobs

Not sure about real filthy jobs yet..probably would trad first time for peace of mind

Even with tap water my windows came up very clean..hadn't been done for a week lol and only took a quick scrub rinse then squeegeeI can see how it would be great on maintenance jobs

Not sure about real filthy jobs yet..probably would trad first time for peace of mind
The only thing it isn't good at first clean is stuff that's stuck on the glass, like bird **** etc, you can still get it off but sometimes its quicker to grab the ladder than take ages soaking it etc.

Though I do have a procedure for bird **** now, hit that window first, soak and wipe the ****, then soak again, move onto the next window, then go back wipe it and soak it again, usually by the time you have done 2 or 3 other windows it will come off.

Just a judement call weather I can be arsed to get ladders or not.

Also connected to outside tap 1 jet seems a lot more powerful than the other which seems to spray a wider jet but less oomph

Also connected to outside tap 1 jet seems a lot more powerful than the other which seems to spray a wider jet but less oomph
Put your finger and block the "good" one and turn the pressure up, it will likely shoot out a bit of debris

I reckon using this pole may replace going to the gym..bit heavy on a fascia job innit

I reckon using this pole may replace going to the gym..bit heavy on a fascia job innit
The only time I find it heavy is when holding it full length at like a 45 degree angle lol, otherwise its not so bad, how many sections you got? mines 5 I think?

Back