Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What do you do out of work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
Seems to be a lot of new guys on here now

Just for the sake of conversation and getting to know people what do you guys do when you are not working

I play rugby for a nearby village (prop or loosehead prop) and sporadically train in krav maga (martial art developed by israeli army but used in law enforcement and military worldwide nowadays) when i get the time

I know what @Adams0211 does as he has 5 kids already lol

I go to the pub and drink cider at least 3 times a week. I'm also a member of the indoor air rifle shooting team. We practice in our pub on a Tuesday night and play in the league on a Thursday night. The food usually comes out at 10:30. We had spare ribs and rice at our pub last week. The time before it was game pie, cheese and grapes and the time before that it was cod goujons (SP) and chips. Food is also served at the away venues, but it's never as good as our pub /emoticons/wink.png. I was asked to play for the pub darts team on a Monday as well but the Mrs said I was starting to take the urine. So I've declined their offer /emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to shoot competitively when i left the army

I rember being in one of the supports that hold up london bridge and scoring 97 out of a possibles 100 in 10 shots with an old martini 22

I'm a very good shot with an sa80 or slr bit we used to shoot old weapons for a laugh like the old army issue enfields

@daveyboy knows what I do but for those that don't, most of my time is taken up with the kids.

I've got three boys (11,7 & 8 months) and two girls. My eldest will be 14 tomorrow and the youngest will be 6 the day after.

My wife is a hairdresser so we fit our work around each other and the kids.

I'm also a carer for my dad who had a brain haemorrhage on Father's Day.

I always joke about only working til lunchtime but the real work starts when I get home what with the wife going out to work and me having to look after the kids and or my dad.

I try and do something socially most weekends and like a good drink. Normally we'll have friends round but we sometimes go to the pub or out for dinner with friends.

Other than that I'm a big football fan and am addicted to curry.

Sounds a bit boring really.

You would like my air rifle then @Tuffers

Gunpower stealth

With whitetail classic scope, battery pack for belt and huge spotlight with red filter was £800

I can dig it out and take a pic but it is one of these

View attachment 8975

We use bell targets, the bell dings if you get the pellet through the bull. You get 5 shots. .177 spring loaded rifles. I scored 20 out of 25 last Thursday. Some are :turd: hot with averages of 23 out of 25 :eek:. I've tried other people's guns and you can tell how different they all are, lighter triggers, longer stock, different sights etc

You would like my air rifle then @TuffersGunpower stealth

With whitetail classic scope, battery pack for belt and huge spotlight with red filter was £800

I can dig it out and take a pic but it is one of these

View attachment 12869
Just iron sights are allowed in the league. Like to see a pic of it. I'm going to buy a rifle with my tips if I get enough dosh. I fancy a Weihrauch.

We always used standard production rifles

I still go shooting on my mates farm.for rabbits etc my rifle runs at about 47 foot lbs instead of the legal 12 so had to get firearms certificate

Sometimes we sneak on the local golf course when it is pheasant time but i have to take my dads old spring loaded jobbie so i don't get knicked (although it is dubious what power that is as it is a 22 with a 177 ox spring in it )

@daveyboy
Sounds a bit boring really.
I know what you mean.... When compared to others, I seem right boring!!!

I read a lot, do enjoy a nice drink, meet up with my mate and take his hunting dog out in the sticks. In London all the pubs aren't the sort you get friendly with people tbh.... like to visit my family who live in Wales and do a bit of hillwalking....

Now I've typed it, it seems even more dull then I thought, hahaha

I also have my dads 177 pistol which i grew up shooting

I am so used to it there are no sights on it whatsoever but i can still hit what i aim at

I know what you mean.... When compared to others, I seem right boring!!!
I read a lot, do enjoy a nice drink, meet up with my mate and take his hunting dog out in the sticks. In London all the pubs aren't the sort you get friendly with people tbh.... like to visit my family who live in Wales and do a bit of hillwalking....

Now I've typed it, it seems even more dull then I thought, hahaha
I think as long as people are happy, that's all that matters. Some people like an uneventful life. I wish mine was a bit less chaotic sometimes but it's not a bad life.

Drink, football, drink, motorbikes, drink, darts, vindaloos, drink, pie mash in Bermondsey, drink, Millwall, drink, watching ska bands, oh, and drink :thumbsup:

I Play 5 a side football twice a week and before the knees gave up I'd also play amateur on a Saturday. I follow three teams, an amateur team that my friend plays for, Merthyr Town ( my great grandfather played in goal for them) and Liverpool when I can afford to. I have twice blaged my way into cup finals for Liverpool.

I follow TRANMERE ROVERS season ticket holder and in the summer months I race pigeons, and love to walk my 3 blue staffs
When you race your pigeons, have you ever beaten one? /emoticons/wink.png

Been Tranmere twice, seen us lose twice /emoticons/sad.png

My mate John lives in Rancliffe gardens..you may know it as it is close to shooters hill

I am originally golborne road w10 (next road to ladbroke grove which is portabello road market area but moved to Hertfordshire as my wife is from there

I used to have a round all over kensington gardens and muswell hill (alexandra palace road area)

We always used standard production riflesI still go shooting on my mates farm.for rabbits etc my rifle runs at about 47 foot lbs instead of the legal 12 so had to get firearms certificate

Sometimes we sneak on the local golf course when it is pheasant time but i have to take my dads old spring loaded jobbie so i don't get knicked (although it is dubious what power that is as it is a 22 with a 177 ox spring in it )
47lbs :eek: a neighbour of ours bought an air rifle the other week and had it tested. It was 13lb. The shop have taken it back!

Latest Posts

Back