Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

anyone come across graphite poles

WCF

Help Support WCF:

i came across a lad on monday using an 80 ft pole, he said it was graphite either from ionics or vyair, base was huge but it looked quite light , ive never heard of it though n cant find anything on google

A lot of people call carbon and graphite the same thing, graphite is made from carbon but they are not exactly the same. I reckon you are reffering to carbon poles

think maybe he meant carbon. it looked like an ionics monster but i had a 45ft one and this was definately lighter

I believe Kevlar is also heavy weight to size ratio Jake.
Yeah I know it's heavy, but other than carbon, I can't think what else's it could be,

Gardiner have been making high reach Kevlar poles recently, so that's my only guess...

I thought Carbon was graphite? Had some Carbon shafted golf irons once and they are light they increase club head speed and hit the ball further.

i came across a lad on monday using an 80 ft pole, he said it was graphite either from ionics or vyair, base was huge but it looked quite light , ive never heard of it though n cant find anything on google
Several years ago a window cleaner (I think in Wales) started importing poles from China and selling them on eBay using the brand name Graphite. These came from the same factory and were the same construction (clamps, tube sizes) as the (then available) Elite poles (which were subsequently carried on by X-Line). The Graphite name was applied to the larger sizes of poles that they sold. They stopped being sold after a few months of sales.

If the pole you saw had the brand name 'Graphite' on it, then it will have most probably been one of these re-branded Elite poles.

Several years ago a window cleaner (I think in Wales) started importing poles from China and selling them on eBay using the brand name Graphite. These came from the same factory and were the same construction (clamps, tube sizes) as the (then available) Elite poles (which were subsequently carried on by X-Line). The Graphite name was applied to the larger sizes of poles that they sold. They stopped being sold after a few months of sales.
If the pole you saw had the brand name 'Graphite' on it, then it will have most probably been one of these re-branded Elite poles.[/Q

Latest Posts

Back